Cons: Price will be considerably higher than your rate quote when you reserve on line. Quoted $98 in Cuenca online reservation. Paid $239 there, only after arguing that the agent in Quito said he would guarantee a rate in Cuenca (hand written quote) of $200, including 1,000km, and upgrade. He said to have them call from Cuenca if there was any problem. She would not call. Insurance MUST be taken out according to the agents in both cities, which adds $20 per day. Front tires on car rented in Cuenca were almost bald. Made me nervous since we would be traveling windy roads up and down hills. WILL not rent with Thrify again!
30 Dec 2016
Did not refund money
Pros: The rental was quick and easy
Cons: When I had to leave a day and a half early, they would not refund last day of rental.
Worst Experience Ever- Do not rent Hertz in Ecuador- Guayaquil
Cons: 1. Customer Service
2. Didn't honor the reservation booked & to get a car asked for more $ to rent directly even though reservation booked was active
3. Manager would not come out to speak to us
4. Pick-up was hell & drop off wasn't any easier
5. The car looked bad as it seemed to been in 2 accidents on the outside & the inside was dirty. Hadn't been cleaned. Had to take it to get it cleaned just to feel ok in it.
6. The car didn't come with full tank of gas
7. They changed the policies rules upon arrival even though we had a confirmed & active reservation, they said they cancelled it, they received no contact information & to rent a car it was way more money. It was like a scam to rent you a car at higher rate not honor the reservation in system.