Good to know
|Distance to city centre||4.2 km|
|Distance to airport||17.5 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|beautiful chateau||in 14 reviews|
|bed was comfortable||in 12 reviews|
|bit pricey||in 11 reviews|
|despite arriving||in 3 reviews|
|excellent staff||in 53 reviews|
|fawlty towers||in 3 reviews|
|good breakfast||in 18 reviews|
|industrial estate||in 7 reviews|
|iron and ironing board||in 8 reviews|
|located hotel||in 28 reviews|
|michelin star||in 46 reviews|
|restaurant was excellent||in 47 reviews|
|room nice||in 56 reviews|
|swimming pool||in 20 reviews|
One of the other guests was very embarrassing around the pool, but the (female) member of reception staff was very sympathetic when we complained. We left next day. The guest was over-amorous with his female partner in an extremely sexual way, in and out of the pool, and there were small children around. The breakfast would have cost around 42 euros. We couldn’t afford it. Also, unlike previous stays in this hotel, we couldn’t have food around the pool, and in any case we couldn’t possibly have afforded it
Beautifully maintained, nice pool!
The shower needs a curtain or something to stop water getting into the rest of the bathroom.
nice staff. Outdoor terrace is really nice. Convenient parking lot. Large rooms. Separate bathroom and toilets ( in deluxe room ).
- location in the middle of a commercial zone along the highway ( however once in the property you totally forget that point since you are totally surrounded by trees and you don’t hear anything else than cicadas) - no afternoon or late food service at all: lunch closes at ..1PM and NO ROOM service. ( because the restaurant at the location is high scale , the owners did not consider that having a room service for hotel guests is of interest ...). No food or drink service at night neither. No way to get a tea or some appetizers at the terrace. - terrible amenities. No sport equipment. Pool side is under-used ( large sun deck and outdoor kitchen totally abandoned during our 2 night stay late june ) Our experience was poor with no possibility to check in prior to 4:20PM ( still i have to admit that hotel was fully booked due to a wedding and perhaps housekeeping was very busy ), no soap refill in the bathroom, poorly decorated rooms ( which is too bad since room surface was large and the castle itself is gorgeous). However, staff was dedicated and specifically Jean Paul at the front desk who did everything he could to make our 2 night stay more enjoyable.
The breakfast was absolutely excellent. Excellent croissants and selection of cheese. Friendly staff. Great location near the tgv station.
Unfortunately we showed up late the night before and had not eaten. It was our fault for not telling the hotel to prepare us a late snack. Nevertheless it would have been nice if the hotel could have prepared us a cold plate in spite of the late hour.
With a stay at Chateau de la Pioline in Aix-en-Provence (Grand Sud), you'll be within a 10-minute drive of Cours Mirabeau and Place des Precheurs. Featured amenities include a business center, limo/town car service, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Aix-en-Provence? This hotel has facilities measuring 3229 square feet (300 square meters), including conference space. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 757 reviews
Things to Know
- Stylish hotel
- Friendly atmosphere
- Nice building
- Pleasant hotel grounds
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Chateau de la Pioline
Most Popular Landmarks
- Vasarely Foundation 2.1 km
- Pavillon Noir 3.4 km
- Grand Théâtre de Provence 3.5 km
- Les Allees Provencales 3.6 km
- Aix-en-Provence Tourism Office 3.7 km
- La Rotonde 3.8 km
|Aix-en-Provence TGV Station||3.6 km|
|Marseille-Saint-Charles Station||22.9 km|