San Diego hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in San Diego
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|June||Cheapest month to stay with an average 49% drop in price.|
|July||Most expensive month to stay with an average 34% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|C$ 226||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|C$ 285||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a San Diego hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect San Diego hotel
- Want to stay in a hotel near University of California San Diego? Consider hotels such as Sheraton La Jolla Hotel, which is less than a mile from the university and has a garden with an outdoor pool, or Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, which is the same distance away and has a spa.
- Many of San Diego’s attractions are spread across the city, meaning it is often best to select a hotel near the main attractions you would like to see, and to travel by metro, trolley or bus to the others. For example, you could choose the Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown if you are interested in visiting Balboa Park, which less than a mile away.
- San Diego hosts a variety of conventions throughout the year, causing the city’s hotels to fill up quickly. Check the convention calendar before booking to strategically pick the dates of your vacation and avoid these events. If you have no choice but to visit San Diego during a convention, check the Mission Bay neighborhood to see if there are any cheap hotel prices and availabilities. The Dana on Mission Bay and Hilton both frequently have deals.
- If the hotels located in Downtown are out of your budget, opt for a hotel in Old Town instead, such as the Cosmopolitan Hotel & Restaurant. Old Town is one of the oldest neighborhoods in San Diego, and it is linked by an affordable trolley to Downtown.
- For those traveling with their families, consider booking a hotel near the San Diego Zoo, such as The Lodge at Torrey Pines. The area near the San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park has many family-friendly activities, and it is located near Downtown and the trolley system.
FAQs when booking a hotel in San Diego
Are hotels in San Diego safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in San Diego?
What are the best hotels near San Diego Convention Center?
How much does a hotel cost in San Diego?
What are the best hotels in San Diego near Valley View Casino Center?
Which hotels in San Diego offer especially good views?
Which hotels in San Diego offer especially good breakfast?
What are some good hotels for young adults in San Diego?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in San Diego?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in San Diego by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best San Diego hotels
Go to map
Most recommended San Diego hotelsShow all
Hotels near Gaslamp QuarterShow all
What San Diego hotel guests are talking aboutShow all
Hotels about topicShow all
Ramada by Wyndham San Diego Gaslamp Convention Center
Downtown C$ 209+