Good to know
|Distance to city centre||3.9 km|
|Nearest Airport||Ko Samui|
|Distance to airport||6.7 km|
|"Beautiful views, large, comfortable rooms."||(in 32 reviews)|
|"Free kayak & snorkelling."||(in 6 reviews)|
|"Staff were friendly and helpful."||(in 21 reviews)|
|"The staff are not friendly."||(in 9 reviews)|
|"Restaurant service very slow"||(in 4 reviews)|
|"They are in no hurry at this hotel!"||(in 5 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|air con mattress||in 3 reviews|
|amazing views||in 55 reviews|
|beautiful plants||in 4 reviews|
|bit tired||in 15 reviews|
|buffet breakfast||in 32 reviews|
|changed mid||in 2 reviews|
|comfortable rooms||in 6 reviews|
|excellent staff||in 54 reviews|
|food was nice||in 28 reviews|
|free kayaking||in 6 reviews|
|hotel is beautiful||in 29 reviews|
|lamai beach||in 24 reviews|
|minutes walk||in 10 reviews|
|pool area||in 36 reviews|
|reading the book||in 4 reviews|
|restaurant where great||in 22 reviews|
|room service||in 20 reviews|
|set menu||in 3 reviews|
|soft drinks||in 4 reviews|
|view of the sea||in 8 reviews|
Staff very friendly, initial reception area needed some tlc. We upgraded to the Presidential Suite which was worth every penny. Breakfast fantastic, 6am until 6pm so served as lunch.
The lighting in the room was terrible after 6pm.
The location of house was wonderful.
The location could be perfect, as it has a great potential (nice views, quiet and green place).
- Poor ordinary breakfast (no buffet for a highly rated hotel like that is a shame, only 7 choices on a list with no real Thai food) - really poor customer service (short of staff, no guidance throughout our stay whatsoever) - no beaches nearby - little complementary stuff (small shampoo bottles and no conditioner) -overall it’s not worth the money we paid, there are many other places around that can provide a better service for half the price
Spacious room & the private pool Relax environment Wonderful sea view
1. Driver did not show up for Airport pick up 2. Arrived kala by taxi on our own and it was raining at that time, no staff at the hotel front door to greet, provide umbrella and help the guest carry luggage down to the lobby. All these are basic hospitality skills. 3. A lot mosquitoes 4. Only 1 masseur available for Couple spa package. Come on, do you expect a couple massage separately one after another!?
The staff and the manager were friendly honestly.
I booked before arrive in TWO months, after along 7 hours journey i found my villa not available ! And they offer me another room with the same price of the villa but i refused.
When you stay at The Kala Samui in Koh Samui, you'll be near the bay, within a 5-minute drive of Chaweng Noi Beach and Lamai Beach. Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a business center, and express check-in. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a ferry terminal shuttle.
based on 538 reviews
Things to Know
- Friendly atmosphere
- Friendly service
- Great view
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about The Kala Samui
Most Popular Landmarks
- Silver Beach 1.3 km
- Hin Ta and Hin Yai Rocks 4.8 km
- Chaweng Thai Boxing Stadium 5 km
- Tesco Lotus Koh Samui 5.6 km
- Secret Buddha Garden 7.6 km
- Bang Rak Beach 7.8 km
|Ko Samui||6.7 km|
|Surat Thani||108.4 km|