Good to know
|Value for money||6.5|
|Distance to city centre||0.9 km|
|Nearest Airport||Accra Kotoka|
|Distance to airport||2.3 km|
|"Spacious room and swimming pool."||(in 5 reviews)|
|"clean and big rooms."||(in 5 reviews)|
|"Good location and great staff."||(in 20 reviews)|
|"Bad customer service"||(in 9 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|accra||in 6 reviews|
|avoids||in 3 reviews|
|bit shy||in 3 reviews|
|breakfast||in 17 reviews|
|clean and very nice||in 5 reviews|
|close to the airport||in 30 reviews|
|customer service||in 28 reviews|
|deflect||in 3 reviews|
|good location||in 21 reviews|
|great staff||in 35 reviews|
|open the door||in 11 reviews|
|staff were friendly||in 36 reviews|
|swimming pool||in 16 reviews|
Staff. They were amazing.
Price water and other drinks were too expensive
Comfortable hotel. Excellent swimming pool. Breakfast was OK.
Service was very poor. The airconditioning in our room was broke. Toilet didn't flush. The guy from the desk promised over and over, that they would fix it, but at the end day it was still broke. I asked for another room with a working airconditioning, but the manager had to decide about my request and he was not there. Only in the evening I got another room after waiting the whole afternoon.
The member of stuff was so helpful and lovely. Made the stay even more pleasant. Thank you
The Breakfast but unfortunately water is not been served.
There are few workers in the hotel and are grossly overworked
Just that the internet worked well all through my unpleasant stay while the room and it's toilet were clean.
1. They didn't care about the reservation made online and acted as if it didn't matter 2. Room costs were not displayed at the reception and the staff had to dash out or place a call to get approval for every little thing from the owner that lives in the same premises. I WAS GIVEN 3 DIFFERENT RATES ON THE 1ST NIGHT. I HAD TO GET A REFUND & LEAVE AFTER THE 2ND NIGHT BECAUSE THE OWNER CHANGED HIS MIND ABOUT THE RATE HE ASKED ME TO PAY AS I REFUSED TO PAY DOUBLE THE RATE THEY HAD ALREADY COLLECTED FOR AN ADDITIONAL 2 NIGHTS. 3. I requested for a receipt for my payment all through my stay and they kept evading, I never got it! 4. The single staff they had at the reception was very untrained and unprofessional, they even seemed like they couldn't believe some of the instructions they were given and they couldn't explain the terrible treatment. Little wonder the place was sparingly occupied. 5. The TV channels showed only for the first 3 hrs while I was there and I couldn't watch anything till I left after 2 nights. I complained and nothing was done! It would have been a far worse experience if not for the working internet. 6. Came back late to the hotel on the 1st night and the security guard was in deep sleep about 20m away from the gate and in my clear view, it took me almost 10 mins to get someone's attention before I was let in at the gate. The place has the potential of being a warm & comfortable small hotel in a nice location if it were under different management. The only polite and warm interaction I got was from the young man serving breakfast at the restaurant and partially from the owners wife whom seemed to be concerned about my complaints.
Located in Accra, The Congress Hotel is within a 15-minute drive of Accra Mall and U.S. Embassy. Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available 24 hours).
based on 164 reviews
Value for money
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at The Congress Hotel
Where is The Congress Hotel located?
The Congress Hotel is located at Patrice Lumumba RoadAirport Residential Area, 0.9 km from the centre of Accra. Accra Mall is the closest landmark to The Congress Hotel.
When is check-in time and check-out time at The Congress Hotel?
Check-in time is 2:00 PM and check-out time is 11:00 AM at The Congress Hotel.
Does The Congress Hotel offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, The Congress Hotel offers free Wi-Fi.
Does The Congress Hotel offer free parking?
Yes, The Congress Hotel offers free parking.
Does The Congress Hotel offer free airport shuttle service?
No, The Congress Hotel does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is The Congress Hotel from the airport?
The Congress Hotel is 2.3 km from Accra Kotoka.
Can you bring pets to The Congress Hotel?
No, pets are not allowed at The Congress Hotel.
Does The Congress Hotel have a pool?
Yes, The Congress Hotel has a pool on-site.
Reviews about The Congress Hotel
Most Popular Landmarks
- Accra Mall 2.5 km
- Wild Gecko Handicrafts 2.7 km
- Dubois Centre for Panafrican Culture 2.9 km
- Holy Spirit Cathedral 4.9 km
- Parliament House Ghana 5.1 km
- National Museum of Ghana 5.2 km
|Accra Kotoka||2.3 km|