Good to know
|Distance to city centre||1.1 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|airlie beach||in 7 reviews|
|clean hostel||in 43 reviews|
|close to the greyhound||in 6 reviews|
|close to the town||in 27 reviews|
|dorm room||in 10 reviews|
|friendly staff||in 141 reviews|
|good facilities||in 6 reviews|
|good location||in 43 reviews|
|great atmosphere||in 30 reviews|
|great pool||in 21 reviews|
|greyhound stop||in 37 reviews|
|little bit||in 26 reviews|
|main road||in 10 reviews|
|party hostel||in 41 reviews|
|providing info||in 9 reviews|
|sailing trip||in 5 reviews|
|scum marks||in 9 reviews|
|shared bathroom||in 22 reviews|
|short walk||in 11 reviews|
|wifi was free||in 24 reviews|
The staff were wonderfully friendly, welcoming, and helpful. The location was great, with a view. There were lots of places to enjoy company or be alone.
One of the stoves needs upgrading, as was very slow to heat up.
Such a beautiful location! Very friendly guests and staff, quiet and relaxing yet still enough space to have fun.
* Close to the Greyhound bus stop * Lovely common & outdoor areas (there’s a pool and a garden w/ a great view onto one of the marinas) * Free tea/coffee all day * Not far from town centre (10-15 mins max by foot) * Free shuttle to the marina meetup point for our Whitsunday tour! * Clean, well-equipped kitchen and clean bathroom (separate female-only and mixed bathrooms) * Lovely quotes and citations on the walls around the hostel made it feel that bit more “homey”!
* No return shuttle available (had to walk 35 mins back) from the marina upon our return to Airlie Beach from the Whitsundays tour
The toilets were not clean. The sheets smelled. The toilets smelled. Online, we booked for a 8 dorm bed. But when we got there, we got know they don't have 8 bed dorm at all. This shows that wrong information is been advertised on the website. Expensive without any good quality living.
Staff was amazing and friendly, room was clean, great location to Port of Airlie, short walk to main screen treet.
With a stay at Backpackers By The Bay in Airlie Beach, you'll be near the beach, within a 5-minute drive of Airlie Beach Lagoon and Port of Airlie. Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, luggage storage, and laundry facilities. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 541 reviews
Things to Know
- Friendly atmosphere
- Near city centre
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Backpackers By The Bay
Most Popular Landmarks
- Airlie Beach Lagoon 0.9 km
- Abel Point Marina 1.3 km
- Cannonvale Beach 2.8 km
- Great Whitsunday Walk 8.2 km
- Conway National Park 9.4 km
|Hamilton Island||25.6 km|
|Hayman Island||28.9 km|