Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Bologna
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|January||Cheapest month to stay with an average 32% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 51% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|C$ 126||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|C$ 119||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Bologna hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Bologna hotel
- This historic Italian city is a major hub for travelers, which means there are lots of different hotels in Bologna to choose from. Most people tend to stay in the area in or around Piazza Maggiore, a lively square lined with cafes and striking architectural structures, including the Fountain of Neptune and the Basilica di San Petronio. Some of the best hotels in this area include Art Hotel Commercianti and Al Cappello Rosso, or the more affordable B&B Piazza Grande.
- The Quadrilatero is a compact district located around Via Clavature, to the east of Piazza Maggiore. It’s a great place to stroll through and explore the market stalls, little cafes and delicious gourmet delis. Albergo delle Drapperie is right in the heart of this district, while Albergo Garisenda is just a couple of streets away.
- Travelers looking to stay in a more secluded, village-type area, should head to southwest Bologna, near Casalecchio di Reno, as you’ll be surrounded by charming streets and beautiful nature. Stay at Boutique Hotel Calzavecchio and you can walk to the nearby park (Parco Della Chiusa), where river Reno flows by.
- Torri degli Asinelli and Torri Garisenda are two of the most striking symbols of Bologna, located at the end of Via Rizzoli. They are the tallest towers in the city, and you can climb Asinelli. Right nearby you’ll find a few hotels, including 051 Room & Breakfast and Albergo Garisenda.
- If you need to stay close to the University of Bologna, there are a few places nearby that will easily allow you to walk to campus, such as Campus And Opera BB, Aemilia Hotel Bologna, and Dopa Hostel, which is the perfect place to meet like-minded young people.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Bologna
Are hotels in Bologna safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
What are the best hotels near Bologna Central Station?
What is the best area for restaurants?
What is the best area to go out at night?
Are there hotels close to the airport?
What are the closest hotels to the train station?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Bologna?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Bologna by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Bologna hotels
Go to map