Good to know
|Distance to city centre||0.6 km|
|Nearest Airport||Catania Fontanarossa|
|Distance to airport||4.9 km|
|"Great location and great breakfast."||(in 14 reviews)|
|"Location and staff were super."||(in 30 reviews)|
|"Location and staff were super."||(in 17 reviews)|
|"We’re told breakfast starts from"||(in 7 reviews)|
|"Loud music in the middle of the night."||(in 10 reviews)|
|"Uncomfortable bed, quite old hotel, no elevator."||(in 6 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|bit grim||in 7 reviews|
|coffee and cake||in 5 reviews|
|etnea||in 4 reviews|
|good breakfast||in 34 reviews|
|great location||in 44 reviews|
|hot water||in 8 reviews|
|loud music heard||in 11 reviews|
|normal in italy||in 3 reviews|
|old hotel||in 23 reviews|
|painted ceiling||in 5 reviews|
|room was clean||in 24 reviews|
|spacious room||in 9 reviews|
|staff are very friendly||in 34 reviews|
|train station||in 4 reviews|
The reception closes at 8pm, just as a heads up as I didn’t realize that when making the reservation. But the staff were very nice and helpful for the couple of days that we were there. Taxi to the airport was 25€. Room was pretty. Everything was in order. There are no shower amenities.
The staff were very helpful by organising transport.
Security of the room as the door was damaged and didn’t lock properly. It was noisy due to a club next door.
The hotel itself looked great and the staff were helpful.
After mistakenly making a reservation for one month too late, we politely requested a waiver of the 100% cancellation fee that this hotel (and far too many others) charge. This was still with one month to go before the dates we booked. The owner refused to make an exception. We would have been happy with a 50% reduction. In the owner's defence: we knew about the cancellation fees at the time of booking. However, this does not change the fact that insisting on a 100% cancellation fee one month before a booking (which almost certainly would have been filled otherwise) is disrespectful by any definition of the word, and a manifestation of one of the worst faces of capitalism: greed. I hope it was worth the 50€.
The location - close to Via Etna, the main street Francesco - the only staff trying to be helpful
- No English speakers at the property, had to use Google Translate and images - The room was very very very cold, we had to put covers on the floors, ask for more blankets and keep the AC on on heat - Worst breakfast ever, nothing to eat, less every day, same 3 slices of cheese and bacon, same cereals and 2 drops of milk, no refills when other guests arrive - i know Italians don't have big breakfast but this was way worst - No cleaning services even though we tried to ask for the garbage to be picked - No supplies or toiletries in the bathroom - and no refills - The whole hotel was cold, because from the staircase to everything else, everything is made from stone - The cold comes from every corner, every door, every window, so get ready to freeze
With a stay at Hotel Valentino in Catania (Catania City Centre), you'll be steps from Via Etnea and 4 minutes by foot from Massimo Bellini Theater. Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).
based on 302 reviews
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Most Popular Landmarks
- Roman Amphitheatre 282 m
- Church of the Badia di Sant'Agata 0.5 km
- Giardino Bellini 0.5 km
- Chiesa di San Benedetto 0.5 km
- Cattedrale di Sant'Agata 0.5 km
- Fontana dell'Elefante 0.5 km
|Catania Fontanarossa||4.9 km|
|Catania Marittima||208 m|