Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Mahabalipuram
Good to know
|Average price (weeknight):||C$ 138|
cheapest month to stay
expected price decrease
most expensive time to stay
expected price increase
(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)
Sun. - Thu.
How much does a hotel in Mahabalipuram cost?
Top tips for finding the perfect Mahabalipuram hotel
- Get the most out of the sun and stay close to Pallava Beach, a sandy Eldorado for young and old. The Tamilnadu Tourism Beach Resort is located at the beachfront and also features its own swimming pool, in case you want to take a break from the salty waves the ocean has to offer. It also includes free breakfast, so you can start your day at the beach ready to go.
- Visit the gigantic granite boulder called Krishna’s Butterball, precariously balancing on a hill, whose name indicates that Krishna, as a little boy, used to steal butter from his mother. An impressive sight, it is worthwhile to visit and, if you want to stay close, consider hotels like the Hotel Mahabs, a 3-minute walk from the boulder. You can also hang out on the surrounding green at the boulder or enjoy the complimentary breakfast at the hotel.
- Mahabalipuram is famous for its ancient temples, and the Shore Temple is an impressive structure made out of three granite shrines dating back to the Pallava dynasty around the 8th century AD. Green Woods Beach Resort is not quite as ancient, but it offers guests free parking and Wi-Fi as well as a restaurant on site, and is located about 12 minutes on foot from the Shore Temple.
- On the other side of Mahabalipuram, you will encounter many more ancient temples to explore, such as the Karukathamman Temple or the Valayankuttai Ratha, stemming from the 7th century AD. If you can’t get enough of these historic sites, stay at the Nirvana Boutique Hotel to be a 2-minute drive away. The hotel offers an outdoor pool, simple rooms and free parking.
- Stay close to the centre to enjoy a broad range of different restaurants, including international cuisine eateries like the Burger Shack or more traditional Indian restaurants like the Instant Karma. If you stay at the 3-star Hotel Mamallaa Heritage, you will be in the immediate vicinity of these establishments and also close to a bank, the Community Center and a German Bakery.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Mahabalipuram
Which are the best luxury hotels in Mahabalipuram?
Indulge in luxury and stay at the Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay Mamallapuram, a 5-star choice about 400 metres from the centre that features elegant suites and rooms, plus an outdoor pool and a spa area with a steam room, sauna, beauty salon and many massages on offer.
Which hotels in Mahabalipuram have an airport shuttle?
If you need a lift to Chennai International Airport, the 4-star Grande Bay Resort and Spa Mamallapuram is happy to help. At an additional charge, they offer pick-up and drop-off services for their guests. You can also enjoy an outdoor pool, a restaurant and spacious rooms during your stay. Oceanside Hotel is a more budget-friendly option close to the centre. Apart from free Wi-Fi and parking, the hotel offers guests an airport shuttle at a surcharge.
Which hotels in Mahabalipuram are kid-friendly?
For a great family stay, consider the 2-star hotel Vilasam, about 700 metres from the centre. It has spacious family rooms and you can enjoy vegetarian Indian cuisine at the on-site restaurant. A more upscale choice is the 4-star hotel The Chariot Beach Resort, which offers guests a great outdoor pool, luxurious rooms and spa area where you can unwind after exploring the historical remnants of the Pallava dynasty.
Which are the best cheap hotels in Mahabalipuram?
Budget-conscious travellers will find good value for their money at the Daphne Hotel in the heart of Mahabalipuram. It is close to the beach and offers guests simple, no-frills rooms, free parking and breakfast. Siva Residency is another modest choice, about 1 kilometre from the centre with a 24-hour front desk and free Wi-Fi.
How can I find hotels near me?
Take a look at our extensive hotel Heatmaps to find the best hotels near you.