Find cheap flights to Chennai
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1070||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 865||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Chennai
- Looking for cheap airfare to Chennai? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Chennai for the following prices or less: From Montreal C$ 1177, from Toronto C$ 1224, from Calgary C$ 1269
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Chennai is October.
- Passengers arriving after a flight to Chennai Airport (MAA), will conveniently find drinking water fountains available for use free of charge, any time of the day. Cups are provided for those who don’t have a water bottle with them.
- Those who wish to store their luggage upon arrival at Chennai Airport can do so at the left luggage facility, which is located between the domestic and international terminals. Long term storage is available for up to one week.
- Should you need medical assistance at Chennai Airport, you can head to the Apollo Hospitals First Aid Room, which provides emergency and urgent medical care. To gain access, head to the information desk or ask an airport staff member for assistance.
- If you wish to purchase local currency upon arrival at Chennai Airport, head to one of the five currency exchange counters located at the international terminal, which are open 24 hours a day. Alternatively, you can use one of the ATMs available throughout the airport to withdraw cash.
- If you are traveling light and would like to experience traveling like a local, try riding a rickshaw from the Chennai Airport. They are available from outside the terminal and are cheaper than taxis, although they might take a bit longer to get you to your destination. You should agree on the fare with the driver beforehand, as a trip to the city centre should cost ₹ 252 (about C$ 5) during the day and ₹ 377 (about C$ 8) after 11:00 pm.
FAQs - booking Chennai flights
What is the cheapest flight to Chennai?
How far is Chennai Airport from central Chennai?
What is the name of Chennai’s airport?
How can I get from Chennai Airport to the city centre using public transport?
Are there any hotels near Chennai Airport?
How can I get a taxi from Chennai Airport?
Are there any airport lounges at Chennai Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Chennai
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Chennai Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Chennai Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Chennai
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.