Find cheap flights to Florida
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (5% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 382||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 162||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Florida
- Looking for cheap airfare to Florida? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Florida for the following prices or less: From Toronto C$ 366, from Vancouver Intl C$ 388, from Ottawa C$ 411
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Florida is January.
- There are four air hubs for flights to Florida from Canada. Orlando International Airport (MCO) is the largest and busiest of them, while Miami International Airport (MIA) and Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) are hubs servicing the southern parts of the state. Tampa International Airport (TPA) is a gateway into the west and the Gulf of Mexico.
- If you are flying from Ottawa International Airport (YOW) into Florida then your flight will need to make a couple of connecting stops while en-route to Miami International Airport (MIA). The first stop takes place at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW), and from there your second stop will be at New York’s JFK International Airport before continuing to Miami.
- If you wish to explore the various cities along the western coast, then you should book a flight to Florida that lands at Tampa International Airport. From there, you can visit a few of the cities located along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. These include St. Petersburg, Sarasota and Cape Coral, and even go as far northwest as Pensacola.
- The south of Florida is home to the state’s biggest lake, Lake Okeechobee, as well as the expansive wetlands of the Everglades National Park. Both Fort Lauderdale and Miami provide great access to the national park, but if you’re hoping to visit the lake first then consider a flight that lands at Fort Lauderdale Airport.
- MCO Airport is the most centrally located of the major airports and so it’s a perfect launchpad to explore the central and northeastern reaches of the state. From Gainesville and Ocala in the interior, and from Jacksonville to Cape Canaveral along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean, all are easily accessible from Orlando’s airport.
FAQs - booking Florida flights
How long is the flight to Florida?
What is the cheapest flight to Florida?
Which airlines fly to Florida?
What are the most popular destinations in Florida?
Can I get a nonstop flight from Canada to Florida?
Which airport is closest to Tallahassee?
I wish to visit the Florida Keys. Which airport should I fly into?
Which airport is the most convenient to get to the Daytona National Speedway?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airline flying to Florida
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Florida (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to Florida (One-way)
Flights to Florida
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.