Find cheap flights to India
Good to know
|April||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|August||Most popular time to fly (15% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1115||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 726||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to India
- Looking for cheap airfare to India? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to India for the following prices or less: From Vancouver C$ 1198, from Toronto C$ 1227, from Calgary C$ 1232
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June and July. The cheapest month to fly to India is September.
- Travellers should be aware that India's monsoon season lasts from June to September and some beach resorts close during these months. However, flights and hotels might be cheaper, providing travellers with the perfect opportunity to explore India's countryside.
- India's major cities are well connected by national and low-cost airlines. The main international hubs are Delhi Airport (DEL) in the North, Mumbai Airport (BOM) in the centre, and Chennai Airport (MAA) and Bangalore Airport (BLR) in the South.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring Indian rupees into India. It is recommended that you bring foreign cash and exchange it upon arrival, or withdraw money with your credit or debit card once you arrive. ATMs are available at all major airports and within larger cities.
- If you would like to visit the "Golden Triangle", consider flying into Delhi Airport, India's largest airport. From Delhi, you can either catch a train to Agra or a connecting flight to Jaipur International Airport (JAI).
- Travellers to India should be aware that airfares tend to increase significantly in the two weeks leading up to Diwali, the festival of Lights, which is celebrated for 5 days in India. Diwali is based on the Hindu Lunar Calendar and falls in either October or November.
FAQs - booking India flights
How long is the flight to India?
What is the cheapest flight to India?
Which airlines fly to India?
What are the most popular destinations in India?
What are the passport and visa requirements when travelling to India?
Are there direct flights to India?
I would like to visit the Taj Mahal, what airport should I fly into?
How can I get to the hill stations of Darjeeling?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to India
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to India (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to India (One-way)
Flights to India
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.