Find cheap flights to Cancún
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (7% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 436||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 296||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cancún
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cancún? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Cancún for the following prices or less: From Montreal C$ 411, from Toronto C$ 414, from Vancouver C$ 470
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Cancún is January.
- Cancun only has one airport, Cancun International Airport (CUN), which is one of the busiest airports in the Caribbean. The airport is conveniently located close to the centre of Cancun, just 17.2 km away. International flights from Canada arrive at either Terminal 2 or 3.
- If you intend to explore other areas surrounding Cancun, book a flight into Manuel Crescencio Rejón International Airport (MID) in Mérida in Yucatan. 327 km away from Cancun, the Mérida Airport is a good alternative option for flights from Canada.
- Although there are plenty of direct flights from Canada to Cancun, some airlines have short layovers at airports in the U.S. Award-winning airline Air Transat is one of Canada’s top holiday airlines, it was voted the World’s Best Leisure Airline in 2018 and offers non-stop flights to Cancun.
- If you are planning to bring your children on a flight to Cancun, then you must arrange a car seat for them. If you plan to ride in a car with a child under the age of five, whether it is a taxi or rental car, you should always use a car seat. Mexican law states that children must be transported in an appropriate child restraint system in the rear seat of a vehicle.
- Avoid flights to Cancun during the beginning of April, when Holy Week occurs, as flight prices tend to increase. This Christian celebration marks Christ’s last days with elaborate ceremonies, processions and rituals that take over many towns all across Mexico.
FAQs - booking Cancún flights
How long is the flight to Cancún?
What is the cheapest flight to Cancún?
Which airlines fly to Cancún?
How far is Cancún Airport from central Cancún?
What is the name of Cancún’s airport?
Do I need a visa to travel to Cancun?
Witch documents do I need to enter to Cancun?
What can I bring into Cancun?
Is there a departure tax in Cancun?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Cancun
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Cancún Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Cancún Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Cancún
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.