Find cheap flights to Mexico
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 440||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 217||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Mexico
- Looking for cheap airfare to Mexico? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Mexico for the following prices or less: From Montreal C$ 447, from Toronto C$ 461, from Vancouver C$ 466
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Mexico is January.
- If you are planning a trip to the northwestern part of Mexico, including cities such as Tijuana, Mexicali and Baja California, you should consider flying into San Diego International Airport (SAN) and crossing the border by road.
- While many resorts and large department stores across Mexico accept credit cards, Mexico is still largely a cash-based economy. You can find ATMs at all major airports, so you'll be able to withdraw money with your debit or credit card upon arrival.
- To visit the Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza on your own, consider flying into Cancun International Airport (CUN) and travelling to the ruins either by bus from the city centre or by rental car.
- Be aware that Holy Week is one of the most important celebrations in Mexico and lasts from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday, and sometimes even lasts during the week after. Airfares and hotel prices tend to rise during this popular travel period.
- To travel through the stunning Copper Canyon, consider flying into Chihuahua Airport (CUU), the biggest airport in the region with connections to many domestic destinations.
FAQs - booking Mexico flights
How long is the flight to Mexico?
What is the cheapest flight to Mexico?
Which airlines fly to Mexico?
What are the most popular destinations in Mexico?
Are there any direct flights to Mexico?
Do I need a visa to travel to Mexico?
Where should I fly to within Mexico?
Which airport is best to get to the Riviera Maya?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top airline flying to Mexico
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Mexico (Round-trip)
Flights to Mexico
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.