Find cheap flights to Portugal
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|August||Most popular time to fly (12% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 864||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 431||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Portugal
- Looking for cheap airfare to Portugal? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Portugal for the following prices or less: From Toronto C$ 764, from Vancouver Intl C$ 1085, from Ottawa C$ 1184
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Portugal is February.
- Canadian citizens do not need a visa to travel to Portugal, provided that their stay within the area does not exceed 90 days. Travellers are advised to ensure that their passport is valid for at least 3 months beyond their date of departure from Portugal.
- There are exchange offices at all major airports in Portugal, so you can either exchange your Canadian dollars into euros or withdraw cash directly at one of the ATMs upon arrival without hassle.
- If you are planning to rent a car at the airport in Portugal, be aware that children under the age of 12 must be in a booster seat that is UN R44/R129 approved. Children who are under 12 or less than 150 cm tall are also not allowed to sit in the front seat.
- To reach the islands of Madeira, you can catch a flight to Madeira International Airport (FUN), near Funchal on the main island. The island is well connected to cities on Portugal's mainland as well as a number of other European destinations. If you are departing from Canada, you might find cheaper flights that include a layover in another European country.
- To visit the central region of Portugal including Coimbra, the most convenient airport is Humberto Delgado Airport (LIS) in Lisbon, from which you can get to Coimbra by bus in approximately 2h.
FAQs - booking Portugal flights
How long is the flight to Portugal?
What is the cheapest flight to Portugal?
Which airlines fly to Portugal?
What are the most popular destinations in Portugal?
Which airlines offer nonstop flights to Portugal?
Where should I fly into in Portugal?
I want to visit the Azores. Where should I fly into?
Which airport is the most convenient when heading to the Algarve?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines flying to Portugal
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Portugal (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to Portugal (One-way)
Flights to Portugal
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.