Find cheap flights to Puerto Vallarta
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (7% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 490||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 291||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Puerto Vallarta
- Looking for cheap airfare to Puerto Vallarta? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Puerto Vallarta for the following prices or less: From Vancouver C$ 395, from Toronto C$ 483, from Montreal C$ 505
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Puerto Vallarta is April.
- Flights to Puerto Vallarta in Jalisco, Mexico arrive at Licenciado Gustavo Díaz Ordaz International Airport (also known as Puerto Vallarta International Airport). Situated along the coast of Banderas Bay close to the Sierra Madre mountains, Puerto Vallarta is an ideal holiday destination between the mountains and the sea.
- Direct flights from Canada to Puerto Vallarta can be booked through a number of Canadian and US-based airlines. The airlines that fly this route include Air Canada, WestJet and Air Transat. Flights depart from some of Canada’s main cities including Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Calgary.
- The Puerto Vallarta International Airport is situated about 8 kilometers north-west of downtown Puerto Vallarta. The popular Marina Vallarta is located 3 kilometers south of the airport, where holidaymakers can charter boats, play golf at the 18-hole golf course or simply stroll along the promenade. Las Juntas, Jarretadera and the Ameca river are located in the north.
- If you’re hungry after your flight, there are a few options in the Puerto Vallarta airport for a quick meal or snack. If you can wait until you get to the city, there is a great variety of open-air cafés and cenadurías for all tastes and budgets, including fresh seafood and local dishes with a touch of spice.
- Canadian passengers travelling to Mexico are eligible to purchase duty free items depending on how much time they have spent outside of Canada. Pick up your favorite bottle of tequila, a new perfume or a pair of sunglasses from the duty-free shops in Puerto Vallarta before departing.
FAQs - booking Puerto Vallarta flights
How long is the flight to Puerto Vallarta?
What is the cheapest flight to Puerto Vallarta?
Which airlines fly to Puerto Vallarta?
How far is Puerto Vallarta Airport from central Puerto Vallarta?
What is the name of Puerto Vallarta’s airport?
How do I get from the airport to my hotel or resort?
What is the procedure at the airport when I land in Mexico?
Where is the closest hotel to the airport?
Where can I find a quiet space to work at Puerto Vallarta airport before I depart?
Is there public transportation from the airport to the city?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Puerto Vallarta Ordaz
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Puerto Vallarta Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Puerto Vallarta Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Puerto Vallarta
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.