Good to know
|Distance to city centre||1.7 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
very nice hotel the owner is friendly and very cooperative location is excellent a garage if you travel with motorcycle
I loved the setting, amazing walks through the woods and great to see deer & wild boar. The grounds were great and as the weather was good the outside seating areas came into their own.
I liked it all
1) The flexibility of the staff, and their willingness to help. 2) The rooms were good and bed comfortable. 3) Very happy to hear that the chain smoker next door to me was "fined" 2 nights charges for running my sleep and the room. 4) The scenery was great / hotel was on top of a lovely hill,
1) There could be a better offering of organic food / beer, and the constant offering of "coffee to go" in throw away cups is not very environmentally responsible. Not so much didn't like, just a warning for those that don't like a 25 minute hilly walk from the train station to hotel, you'll need a taxi, as no real public transport.
location was fabulous, allowing for glorious Forest walks
After three nights in Karlsruhe in a room above a tram station, we were excited to drive up the little two lane road through the forest to Haus Hohenstein. So quiet! And scenic! Our room overlooked a deer park in the forest behind the building. Great place to enjoy hikes through the forest with plenty of trail options. Breakfast was great - however, weekday hours start early so don’t sleep in!
Can’t think of a thing we didn’t like - we would be happy to go back there again!
When you stay at Hotel Haus Hohenstein in Witten, you'll be 10 minutes by car from LWL Industrial Museum Zeche Nachtigall. Featured amenities include dry cleaning/laundry services, luggage storage, and laundry facilities. Guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle for a surcharge, and free self parking is available onsite.
based on 581 reviews
Things to Know
- Clean rooms
- Pleasant hotel grounds
- Very quiet
- Friendly service
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Haus Hohenstein
Where is Haus Hohenstein located?
Haus Hohenstein is located at Hohenstein 32, 1.7 km from the centre of Witten. Palace Steinhausen is the closest landmark to Haus Hohenstein.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Haus Hohenstein?
Check-in time is 3:00 PM and check-out time is 11:00 AM at Haus Hohenstein.
Does Haus Hohenstein offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Haus Hohenstein offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Haus Hohenstein offer free parking?
Yes, Haus Hohenstein offers free parking.
Does Haus Hohenstein offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Haus Hohenstein does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Haus Hohenstein from the airport?
Haus Hohenstein is 20.5 km from Dortmund. Haus Hohenstein is 43.9 km from Duesseldorf Intl.
Can you bring pets to Haus Hohenstein?
No, pets are not allowed at Haus Hohenstein.
Does Haus Hohenstein have a pool?
No, Haus Hohenstein does not have a pool on-site.
Reviews about Haus Hohenstein
Most Popular Landmarks
- Palace Steinhausen 2.1 km
- Zeche Nachtigall 2.8 km
- Henriette Davidis Museum 3 km
- Mallinckrodt House 3.2 km
- Castle ruin Hardenstein 3.7 km
- House Herbede 4.8 km
|Duesseldorf Intl||43.9 km|
|Witten Hauptbahnhof||1.8 km|
|Witten-Annen Nord||2.6 km|