Good to know
|Distance to city centre||2.3 km|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|beautiful setting||in 32 reviews|
|breakfast the first morning||in 52 reviews|
|bullock||in 5 reviews|
|drawing room||in 13 reviews|
|enjoyed our stay||in 19 reviews|
|excellent service||in 46 reviews|
|fantastic staff||in 175 reviews|
|food was amazing||in 133 reviews|
|great restaurant||in 34 reviews|
|guided tour||in 44 reviews|
|history and charm||in 16 reviews|
|history of the castle||in 16 reviews|
|la carte||in 4 reviews|
|lovely room||in 10 reviews|
|low water pressure||in 11 reviews|
|overall experience||in 28 reviews|
|poster bed||in 11 reviews|
|recommend the hotel||in 44 reviews|
A hotel with a difference, lovely setting and the chance to live for a day in the past
That it was a castle.
* Location - it felt very safe and secluded yet it was only circa 10min drive from Ballina town centre and 20 mins away from Enniscrone Beach and a walkpath if you fancy a little stroll on the property. * Cleanliness - the room place was very clean and tidy, very commendable. * Breakfast - yummy and portions were huge. If you are a small eater like myself, it is worth to notify the server that you don't need the full portion (esp the scrambled eggs :-))
* Room was warm. * We arrived at the hotel and was told everything was paid for already as they have processed through the credit card we provided (we were also handed the receipt of full payment for 2 nights). But when we left, we got charged extra for the girls' roll away beds. We didn't think we will be charged as the room was very cramped due to the roll up beds... so, in the end, felt like we got hit by small prints and details.
Comfy bed, 5 star food in the restaurant, short walk to Ballina, wonderful woods, perfect break away.
History of the place, fabulously situated on beautiful grounds 2 minutes from the Moy river and beautiful woods for walks. Nice to have the courtyard coffee shop on site. Our bedroom with 4 poster bed was very romantic. Breakfast was lovely fab cheese selection just turn off the radio and get some soft relaxing music on please!! Nora on check in was lovely other staff could be more like Nora!
Bar closed at 11pm. Nice relaxing music needed in bar drawing room etc believe me this is badly needed if you want your guests to be comfortable! On check out no friendliness, no goodbye or how was your stay .. not good! Better toiletries needed in bathroom why not use local voya??
When you stay at Belleek Castle in Ballina, you'll be near the beach and 6 minutes by car from Humbert Monument. The front desk is staffed during limited hours. Free self parking is available onsite.
based on 847 reviews
Things to Know
- Nice building
- Pleasant hotel grounds
- Friendly atmosphere
- Great menu
Policies vary by room type and provider.
Reviews about Belleek Castle
Most Popular Landmarks
- Humbert Monument 1.9 km
- Ballina Presbyterian Church 2.2 km
- St. Muredach's Cathedral 2.3 km
- Ballina Golf Course 2.9 km
- Dolmen of the Four Maols 3.2 km
|Knock Intl||32.7 km|
|Ballina (Mayo)||2.9 km|