Good to know
|Distance to city centre||5.6 km|
|Distance to airport||45.0 km|
|"Restaurants/pool/ bar staff are great."||(in 46 reviews)|
|"We loved snorkeling in the cenote."||(in 28 reviews)|
|"Good service, very kind staff!"||(in 14 reviews)|
|"This is not a 5* hotel."||(in 7 reviews)|
|"Not really for teens or young adults looking to party."||(in 2 reviews)|
Time of year
Show reviews that mention
|adults only section||in 25 reviews|
|beach and the pool||in 64 reviews|
|brazilian restaurant||in 38 reviews|
|cenote||in 60 reviews|
|clean my room||in 5 reviews|
|double beds||in 3 reviews|
|eco resort||in 36 reviews|
|families in the adults||in 5 reviews|
|good food||in 56 reviews|
|good service||in 24 reviews|
|hotel with nice||in 32 reviews|
|short drive from the town||in 9 reviews|
|smoking area||in 20 reviews|
|staff was great||in 66 reviews|
|watered down drinks||in 4 reviews|
The property was unique and had a lot of wild life to see.
The ocean is all reef and not a nice sandy beach. The only pool bar is the “all ages pool”. The “adults only” is very deceiving as there are sections, but not enforced at all. The walk to anything from your room was super long and if you have any disability this is not the resort for you! The drinks are TERRIBLE! The margaritas a lot of times tasted like chemicals. We did an alcohol taste test with a bottle we had bought elsewhere and the resort alcohol tasted totally different! The food was sub par. Room service is supposed to be 24 hours, yet we could not order coffee until a certain time and then it would take almost an hour to get to us. Room service food was cold as well. You have to have reservations for certain restaurants on property and if you are not the “Royal Elite” they will tell you they are booked. There is a “24 hour” vegan style restaurant but all other places close from around 11:30 am until they decide to re-open for lunch. And even then only certain restaurants open for lunch and breakfast. Most staff was kind, but the few that were rude made us not want to come back. We felt like we were going to an adults only resort from the descriptions we read and this is not the case! Please be aware that kids are everywhere-even in the “adults only” area.
Wow wow wow! Cenote, mayan ruins, food, drinks, animals, beach- everything was awesome!
A lot of restaurants to choose from, entertainment team does their best and all staff are very friendly. Swimming pools are neat and sufficient areas to sit.
During the Michael Jackson show the music was too loud and this resulted that people walked away. Please do something. It would be better to have adults only section where you can have dinner all night. Not only for a certain time.
Little busy in the restaurants and El Templo was fully booked for the whole time we were there, so unfortunately didn't get the chance to try it
- Staff members very nice at all restaurant and bars facilities. Big thanks to them :-) - Bed was very big and comfy. Room was very very spacious. - the resort is really big, with several different areas to enjoy and change over the days to do different things. - good variety of restaurants, but buffet style ones are better than the ones a la carte. Also, there is always food availble in different points within the resort, which is great. - great that is next to the jungle/nature, so you can see loads of animals, enjoy small river/cenotes, etc. The few activities they offer for free are okaish, such as kayak, snorkle, etc. the rest are paid separately unfortunately. - the diving school was great too :-) big thanks to the whole crew.
- I would not consider this to be a 5 star service hotel/resort; 4 or 4+ if so. - The adults only exclusitivity is quite relative, as you can see kids still using the only adults exclusive sections every now and then. - Check-in was annoying; we were there by 2 pm and we did not get our room until pass 4 pm due to reception being slow firstly (this was a feeling we would constantly perceive.. they need more staff members at reception), followed by a room given to us that it was not ready to get in. They inmediately gave us another one, but unfortunately the welcoming for this one was quite sad, as we had no toiletries, no bathrobes, 1 pair of slippers, no welcoming fruits, 1 glass only, etc. We requested to obtain them, but only got the bathrobes. So we literally stopped insisting as I requested it again next day but did not obtain it. - They should look after the overall maintenance, as we had to reach out for the shower drain as it blocked the first day; second day the tv remote was not working... they fixed and changed them inmediately though, so this was good. - Swimming pools can be cleaner. - Maintenance of foosball tables, pool, ping pong tables should be better as some of them are in a really bad state. - The restaurants that are not buffet style, the food quality is not as good. Fish such as tuna steak, carpaccio, salmon or tuna tartares were frozen and tasteless.
Located in Playa del Carmen, this beachfront property is in the city center and within 3 mi (5 km) of Quinta Avenida, Mamitas Beach Club, and Guadalupe Church. El Camaleon Mayakoba Golf Course and Central Square are also within 6 mi (10 km).
based on 817 reviews
Things to Know
- Friendly service
- Friendly atmosphere
- Pleasant hotel grounds
Policies vary by room type and provider.
FAQs when booking at Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only
Where is Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only located?
Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only is located at Chetumal - Puerto Juarez Road Km 295, Col. Centro, 5.6 km from the centre of Playa del Carmen. El Camaleón Mayakoba Golf Club is the closest landmark to Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only.
When is check-in time and check-out time at Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only?
Check-in time is 3:00 PM and check-out time is 12:00 PM at Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only.
Does Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only offer free Wi-Fi?
Yes, Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only offers free Wi-Fi.
Does Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only offer free parking?
Yes, Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only offers free parking.
Does Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only offer free airport shuttle service?
No, Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only does not offer free airport shuttle service.
How far is Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only from the airport?
Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only is 19.6 km from Cozumel. Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only is 45 km from Cancun.
Can you bring pets to Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only?
No, pets are not allowed at Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only.
Does Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only have a pool?
Yes, Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only has a pool on-site.
Reviews about Sandos Caracol Select Club - Adults Only
Most Popular Landmarks
- El Camaleón Mayakoba Golf Club 3.3 km
- Mamita's Beach Club 4.3 km
- Muelle Navega 4.7 km
- Parque 28 de julio 5.2 km
- Playa principal de Playa del Carmen 5.3 km
- Calle Quinta Avenida 5.4 km