Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Cartagena
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|September||Cheapest month to stay with an average 19% drop in price.|
|December||Most expensive month to stay with an average 107% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|C$ 130||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|C$ 125||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Cartagena hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Cartagena hotel
- If you’re visiting Cartagena for the first time, you must stay in the Old Town area, which is surrounded by a centuries-old wall and boasts some of the most well-preserved examples of colonial architecture in South America. There are literally dozens of hotels in Cartagena’s Old Town to choose from, from the most high-end ones like Hotel Amarla to the more affordable such as Hotel Boutique Casa Heredia.
- The Manga neighborhood is a more secluded part of the city, making it great for couples or families. It’s ideal if you’re looking for a more relaxed vibe, but still a 15-minute drive from the Old Town. Accommodation is also much cheaper there, including Hotel Castel Cartagena.
- Travelers looking to experience the bustling art and music scene of Cartagena, as well as its nightlife, should stay in the neighborhood of Getsemani, just outside the old walled city. Allure Chocolat, Hotel Casa Lola, and Hotel Casa Pizarro are all excellent and within walking distance to several bars and restaurants in the area, as well as to Old Town.
- San Diego neighborhood is still inside the walled city but way less crowded than Old Town. The Plaza de San Diego is always alive with street performers, and boasts a variety of great restaurants. Right next to the square you’ll find the luxury hotel Sofitel Legend Santa Clara Cartagena, or for a cheaper stay, try Casa de Los Reyes.
- Bocagrande is Cartagena’s answer to Miami. The strip of skyscrapers in this neighborhood is far less charming than Old Town, but great for families, shoppers, and people looking for a luxurious time. Hotel Cartagena Plaza and Hotel Capilla Del Mar are both by the beach and offer stunning seaside views.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Cartagena
Are hotels in Cartagena safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Cartagena?
What are the best hotels near Playa de Bocagrande?
How much does a hotel cost in Cartagena?
What are the closest hotels to the airport?
What are the recommended places for budget travelers?
Which hotels have the best pools in Cartagena?
Can I arrange a day tour to Isla Baru upon arrival?
How much is a hotel in Cartagena for tonight?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Cartagena?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Cartagena by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Cartagena hotelsCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Cartagena hotelsShow all
ESTELAR Cartagena de Indias Hotel & Centro de Convenciones
Bocagrande C$ 181+