Traverse City hotels
Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Traverse City
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|December||Cheapest month to stay with an average 51% drop in price.|
|August||Most expensive month to stay with an average 29% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|C$ 227||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|C$ 358||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Traverse City hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Traverse City hotel
- Traverse City is known for its vineyards, cherry trees, skiing opportunities in the winter and bayside beaches in the summer, making for a great small-town vacation destination. Many hotels in Traverse City are located along the bay, particularly near Traverse City State Park, and most offer awesome views of the East Arm of Grand Traverse Bay, like Parkshore Resort and Pointes North Beachfront Resort.
- If you're planning your first trip to Traverse City, consider staying by the water. There are several hotels in Traverse City to choose from that will put you near the lake. The 4-star Baywatch Resort has a private beach area and is just a short walk from Traverse City State Park.
- If you would like to stay within the action of downtown, consider booking a room at Hotel Indigo Traverse City. It's just minutes from the City Opera House Historical Marker and Clinch Park, and it’s surrounded by several cafes and bars.
- If you're traveling on business, consider staying at one of the several hotels in Traverse City that feature business facilities. The Park Place Hotel or West Bay Beach, A Holiday Inn Resort are both in the city center area and under less than two miles from the Dennos Museum Center at Northwestern Michigan College. They both include a business center and rooms for meetings and banquets.
- For early morning flights, you may want to stay near the airport. To be near the airport, try the Best Western Plus Traverse City, which comes with a heated indoor pool. Another option is the Comfort Inn Traverse City, which has an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. Both hotels are within a mile and a half of Cherry Capital Airport, and both offer free airport shuttle services.
- For a luxury stay in Traverse City, consider staying at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa. This high-end property is located just outside the center of town and features three golf courses, a full-service spa, and an on-site restaurant with a bar. It also offers indoor pool facilities, an outdoor pool, a water slide, a Jacuzzi, and yoga classes.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Traverse City
Are hotels in Traverse City safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Are there any hotels in Traverse City that offer hot tubs?
What hotels in Traverse City are kid-friendly?
Which hotels in Traverse City are good for a romantic vacation?
What are some budget-friendly hotels in Traverse City?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Traverse City?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Traverse City by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Traverse City hotels
Go to map