Louisville Car Rental Information
Louisville car rental reviews and directory
Car Rental Locations in or near Louisville
Good to Know
|Most Popular Agency||Thrifty|
|Most Popular Car Type||Economy|
|Average price||C$ 54/day|
|Good deal||C$ 47/day|
When to Book a Rental Car in Louisville
Top tips for renting a car in Louisville
- Ready to rent a car on your road trip to Louisville? Instead of using public transport, rent a car for an ultimate sense of freedom while exploring this city. There is no better way to see all that Louisville has to offer than by roaming around its charming streets. From the Highlands to the Ohio River to Cherokee Park, the city has plenty of sights to discover by car.
- If you are flying into Louisville, it’s good to know that there are two airports: Louisville International and Bowman Fields. When you land at Louisville International Airport you will find the car rental counters on-site at the airport’s main Terminal. Once you get into arrivals, the car rental counters are located on the lower level near baggage claim.
- Drivers new to the state of Kentucky will have to navigate various interstates, county roads, and city streets, along with rural and secondary roads. Louisville has many bicycle lanes to cater for its large bicycling community, so look out for cyclists in the city. During winter, be prepared for heavy snowfall and decrease your speed when driving in tough conditions.
- Driving on Louisville’s crowded interstates during rush hour, particularly around Spaghetti Junction where three major interstates meet and merge, means you will encounter heavy traffic at some point. You should avoid driving in the morning, from 7:00 am to 9:00 am and during the afternoon between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm. On Thursdays you can expect delays during the evening commute on Thursdays, while on Friday mornings the rush hour is much lighter.
- 25% of our users found rental cars in Louisville for C$ 47 or less
- Book your rental car in Louisville at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Compact rental cars in Louisville are around 34% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs About Renting a Car in Louisville
How much does it cost to rent a car in Louisville?
On average a hire car in Louisville costs C$ 54 per day.
What is the most popular rental car in Louisville?
Economy (Chevrolet Spark or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type in Louisville.
What is the best rental car company in Louisville?
Which car rental companies are at the airport: Standiford Field Airport (SDF)?
Which car rental companies will pick you up at the airport: Standiford Field Airport (SDF)?
How can I find car rentals near me in Louisville?
Take a look at our extensive car rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
How much does a Economy car rental cost in Louisville?
A Economy car rental in Louisville costs C$ 62 per day, on average.
How much does a Intermediate car rental cost in Louisville?
A Intermediate car rental in Louisville costs C$ 53 per day, on average.
How much does a Standard car rental cost in Louisville?
A Standard car rental in Louisville costs C$ 106 per day, on average.
How much does it cost to rent a car for a week in Louisville?
On average a rental car in Louisville costs C$ 377 per week (C$ 54 per day).
How much does it cost to rent a car long term for a month in Louisville?
On average a rental car in Louisville costs C$ 1618 per month (C$ 54 per day).
What type of car is recommended for driving in Louisville?
If you plan on driving around the center of Louisville, then a compact or economy car is ideal for short drives and makes parking stress-free. As Louisville features plenty of highways, a sedan or SUV is more comfortable for long trips with a bigger group.
What's the speed limit in Louisville?
The speed limit in Louisville’s city center is 25 mph, in residential and business districts the limit is 35 mph unless otherwise stated. On Kentucky's two-lane parkways and highways, the speed limit is 55 mph. The speed limit for driving on multi-lane and interstate highways outside metropolitan areas is 65 mph. For drivers on rural freeways and interstates, the limit is 70 mph.
How are gas prices in Louisville?
Gas prices in Louisville are cheaper than the national average. Across the US, the price of gas is $2.42 per gallon. In the state of Kentucky, gas prices are $2.17 on average, while the price of gas in Louisville is around $2.35 per gallon.
Where are the best places to park in Louisville?
Parking in Louisville is simple and depends on whether you are planning long or short-term parking. Metered parking is ideal for short stays and charge $2.00 per hour from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday to Saturday. After 6:00 pm and all day on Sundays there is free parking, plus free parking on national holidays. For longer stays, you should park in garages or surface lots, like 6th & Main Garage, which is central for all the tourist spots.