- All reviews
Pros: The car.
Cons: Transparency. I did everything possible to waive the insurance and I couldn’t. Even when I had a credit card with my own insurance this was not possible because I did not had the 30,000 usd limit in my credit card (it was not possible to understand this limitation through the webpage terms). Additionally the people form europcar put all the possible obstacles so that I could not waive the insurance. Finally I had to pay it. I felt scammed. It is sad the way you manage this business. I spend nearly 2.5 hours at your office to resolve the issue and finally I had to pay the insurance either way. I feel very disappointed.
Pros: Easy pick up and drop off
Cons: Getting quotes $43 for 9 days and getting to Europcar and being told that it will be $560 instead. Customer service rep also tried to trick us by including fuel service charge in our rental price by saying we get a free tank of fuel by paying full coverage. Bunch of worms really.
Pros: Free shuttle from airport
Cons: Horrible experience, car was not as described. We didn’t receive the Kia Sportage as advertised but rather a beat up 15 year old Tesoro which had no air conditioning and shocks. On top of that we were forced to purchase insurance which was almost as expensive as the car rental. We were not even allowed to purchase the insurance offered by kayak. They only accepted the insurance direct from their company. Absolutely horrible.
Cons: Charged for extra insurance even though I already purchased supplental insurance for the rental through the site. Car was old and struggled to go uphill.
Pros: Friendly service
Cons: Poor service from internet portable device
Other suppliers in San José scored
- 7.4/10 Enterprise car rentals in San José
- 7.0/10 Avis car rentals in San José
- 6.1/10 National car rentals in San José
- 6.2/10 Budget car rentals in San José
- 6.0/10 Dollar car rentals in San José
- 4.8/10 Hertz car rentals in San José
- 4.5/10 Economy Rent a Car car rentals in San José
- 6.4/10 Thrifty car rentals in San José
- 6.6/10 Alamo car rentals in San José
Where can I find Europcar car rentals in San José?
AddressHotels Delivery And Collection
Phone+506 2519 9308
Top tips for renting a car from Europcar in San José
- 25% of our users found rental cars from Europcar in San José for C$ 8 or less
- Book your rental car from San José in Europcar at least 1 day before your trip in order to get a below-average price
- Economy rental cars from Europcar in San José are around 61% cheaper than other car types, on average
FAQs about renting a car from Europcar in San José
How much does it cost to rent a car from Europcar in San José?
On average a rental car from Europcar in San José costs C$ 13 per day.
What is the most popular rental car from Europcar in San José?
Intermediate (Kia Sportage or similar) is the most frequently booked rental car type from Europcar in San José.
How many car rental locations does Europcar have in San José?
Europcar has 2 rental locations in San José. Take a look at our Europcar rental location map to find the best rental cars near you.
Does Europcar have a car rental location at the airport: Juan Santamaria Intl airport (SJO)?
Does Europcar offer shuttle or airport pick-up services from Juan Santamaria Intl airport (SJO)?