Search hundreds of travel sites at once for hotels in Oakland
Compare vs. KAYAK |
Good to know
|April||Cheapest month to stay with an average 36% drop in price.|
|June||Most expensive month to stay with an average 22% rise in price.|
Average price (weeknight)
|C$ 236||Average Sun. - Thu. price over the last 2 weeks.|
Average price (weekend night)
|C$ 235||Average Fri. & Sat. price over the last 2 weeks.|
How much is a Oakland hotel?Here are our most popular & best value hotels
2 stars and below
Top tips for finding the perfect Oakland hotel
- If you consider yourself a lover of the arts, you’ll want to book a hotel downtown, preferably near a BART stop, the city’s public transportation. The Washington Inn Hotel and Marriott City Center are both 3-star hotels situated close to galleries and studios like the Oakland Museum of California and the African American Museum, and you’ll be within reach of the BART transportation system.
- In the lively area around Lake Merritt, hotels boast glorious views of the large lake, as well as proximity to nearby upscale restaurants like Duende and Flora Restaurant and Bar. Lake Merritt Hotel offers both in-hotel and suite-side views of the lake, plus it’s just an eight-minute-walk to the aforementioned eateries.
- Oakland’s Uptown district offers a bevy of breweries and wine tastings to explore, including Diving Dog Brewhouse and Wood’s Bar and Brewer and Bay Grape and Punchtown. The Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Downtown and The Washington Inn Hotel offer affordable rates and proximity to many of Uptown’s bars, breweries, and tasting rooms.
- For hiking, head east of Uptown and book near the Redwood Regional Park or Joaquin Miller Park, each of them offering miles of clear hiking trails. Highland Motel and Rodeway Inn & Suites Near the Coliseum & Arena offer close proximity to some of Oakland’s best parks and preserves.
- Hotels with views of San Francisco Bay can be found right off the Bay Bridge. Book a stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Oakland Emeryville or the Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco/Oakland Bay Bridge to enjoy a vacation by the water.
FAQs when booking a hotel in Oakland
Are hotels in Oakland safe during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis?
Where to stay in Oakland?
What are the best hotels near Oakland Coliseum?
How much does a hotel cost in Oakland?
Which is the best area to book budget hotels in Oakland?
Are there hotels in Oakland that have free parking?
Are there good spa hotels in Oakland?
Which hotels in Oakland are near the airport?
How much is a hotel in Oakland for tonight?
How much is a hotel in Oakland for this weekend?
How can I find hotels near me?
Where to stay in Oakland?
Our map will help you find the perfect place to stay in Oakland by showing you the exact location of each hotel.
Best Oakland hotelsCheck availabilityAirport shuttleFree Wi-FiPoolPet friendlyCheck availabilityCheck availability
Go to map
Most recommended Oakland hotelsShow all
Executive Inn & Suites Embarcadero Cove - Oakland Waterfront
East Lake - San Antonio C$ 306+
La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Oakland Airport Coliseum
Elmhurst C$ 183+