Find cheap flights to San Francisco
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|March||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 410||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 248||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to San Francisco
- Looking for cheap airfare to San Francisco? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to San Francisco for the following prices or less: From Vancouver C$ 336, from Montreal C$ 555, from Toronto C$ 563
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to San Francisco is May.
- If you’re interested in direct flights to San Francisco, considering purchasing your ticket with either Air Canada or United Airlines. While Air Canada offers a diverse selection of flights, United Airlines has tickets at competitive prices and offers an Economy Plus option that provides travellers with extra leg room.
- Planning on travelling with kids? Stop by one of the children’s play areas located in Terminals 2 and 3 of San Francisco International Airport. These play areas are filled with games, toys, and activities for all ages, making it a convenient area for children to burn off some steam after a long flight.
- For travellers that are history enthusiasts, pay a visit to the Aviation Museum & Library located in the International terminal of San Francisco International Airport. This museum contains artifacts related to the region’s aviation history and can be accessed for free by all travellers.
- To de-stress after your flight to San Francisco, keep your eyes open for San Francisco International Airport’s Wag Brigade. Composed of several trained dogs, a Juliana-breed pig, and many volunteers, the Wag Brigade circles throughout the airport to visit with travellers and reduce flight-related anxiety.
- If you’re travelling to San Francisco for work, make sure to take advantage of the many different business amenities in San Francisco International Airport. There are work stations located throughout the different terminals that provide comfortable and quiet places to work, as well as a Business Center that has copying services, high speed Internet, and cell phone rentals.
FAQs - booking San Francisco flights
How long is the flight to San Francisco?
What is the cheapest flight to San Francisco?
Which airlines fly to San Francisco?
How far is San Francisco Airport from central San Francisco?
What is the name of San Francisco’s airport?
What are some good hotels near San Francisco International Airport?
What is the best way to travel from San Francisco International Airport to downtown San Francisco?
Does San Francisco International Airport have animal relief areas?
What are some good dining options in San Francisco International Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to San Francisco
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap San Francisco Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap San Francisco Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to San Francisco
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.