Find cheap flights to California
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|June||Most popular time to fly (9% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 395||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 157||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to California
- Looking for cheap airfare to California? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to California for the following prices or less: From Vancouver C$ 319, from Calgary C$ 338, from Toronto C$ 448
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to California is January.
- California is the most highly populated of the United States and one the largest, so there are six airports that you can fly into. These include San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), which is the most frequent destination for flights to California.
- Getting around the northern part of California is easier if you choose to fly into San Francisco Airport. It’s the northernmost of the major airports and there are several big cities in its vicinity such as San Jose, Oakland and Stockton. From there you also have access to the many national parks in California’s north.
- There is only one Californian airport you can fly into from Victoria International Airport (YYJ), and that is San Francisco Airport. Alaska Airlines provides service, but unfortunately this is not a direct flight and will first make a stop at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) where there is a connecting flight to SFO.
- There are several major airports in the southern part of the state that receive flights to California from Canada. LAX, (ONT) and Santa Ana Orange County International Airport (SNA) are relatively close to each other on the Pacific Coast, while Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) services the southwestern region with flights from Vancouver Airport via United Airlines.
- San Diego International Airport (SAN) should be your destination if you intend to visit the more southern areas of California. Swoop Airlines offers flights there from Vancouver Airport.
FAQs - booking California flights
How long is the flight to California?
What is the cheapest flight to California?
Which airlines fly to California?
What are the most popular destinations in California?
Which airport is closest to Sacramento?
I wish to visit Joshua Tree National Park. Which airport should I use?
Can I get a direct flight from Canada to California?
Should I fly into LAX if I plan to visit Yosemite National Park?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to California
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to California (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to California (One-way)
Flights to California
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.