Find cheap flights to Alaska
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (6% less expensive on average)|
|May||Most popular time to fly (11% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 533||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 210||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Alaska
- Looking for cheap airfare to Alaska? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Alaska for the following prices or less: From Edmonton C$ 533, from Edmonton C$ 533, from Kelowna C$ 701
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be February, March and April. The cheapest month to fly to Alaska is October.
- There are several cities that offer flights to Alaska. Each of them will arrive at one of three airports in the northernmost US state. The main airport is Ted Stevens International Airport (ANC), otherwise known as Anchorage Airport, and the others are Fairbanks International Airport (FAI) and Juneau International Airport (JNU).
- Fairbanks Airport is the most centrally located of the Alaskan air hubs and you’ll have to depart from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) in order to get there.
- Several airports including Quebec City Airport (YQB), Montreal Pierre Trudeau International Airport (YUL) and Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ) offer flights to Anchorage Airport, which is located in the southwestern part of the state. From there you will have access to Mount Denali, the highest mountain in North America, and the Denali National Park & Preserve.
- The southeastern region known as the Alaska Panhandle is accessible via Juneau Airport which is the main air travel hub for the area. Flights from Vancouver to Juneau via Delta will allow you to visit Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve as well as the various islands of the Alexander Archipelago south of the city.
- If you intend to visit Nome in the northeastern frontier of Alaska, you should plan your travel itinerary to include a flight into Anchorage Airport, and then connect via Alaskan Air to Nome Airport (OME). The Bering Land Bridge National Preserve north of Nome is a well known destination within the area.
FAQs - booking Alaska flights
How long is the flight to Alaska?
What is the cheapest flight to Alaska?
What are the most popular destinations in Alaska?
Are there any direct flights to Alaska?
Which airport is closest to Barrow?
Can I get a flight to Kodiak Island?
Which is the best airport for visiting Kenai Fjords National Park?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Alaska
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Alaska Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Alaska
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.