Find cheap flights to Sri Lanka
Latest Sri Lanka Flight Deals
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (15% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1043||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 805||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Sri Lanka
- Looking for cheap airfare to Sri Lanka? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Sri Lanka for the following prices or less: From Toronto C$ 1131, from Vancouver Intl C$ 1358, from Montreal C$ 1614
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Sri Lanka is October.
- Given its history and past, you can find cheap connections from the UK to Sri Lanka. For this reason, many of the cheapest flight routes from Canada to Sri Lanka have a layover at one of London's airports in the UK.
- The vast majority of international flights to Sri Lanka arrive at Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) which is located about 30 km north of the nation's capital, Colombo. Domestic airlines such as Cinnamon Air offer connections to smaller domestic airports across the island.
- If you are flying from the west coast, the most convenient connection might include a layover at one of Asia's major travel hubs. Consider checking flights with Asian carriers such as Cathay Pacific, offering flights from Vancouver to Colombo with a stop at Hong Kong International Airport (HKG).
- Sri Lanka is still predominantly a cash-based society, even though credit cards should be accepted at mid-range and high-end hotels and restaurants. You can find ATMs and currency exchange offices at the airport and throughout major cities.
- Sri Lanka's south coast boasts some famous surf spots such as the beaches of Hikkaduwa, Unawatuna and Weligama. As these beaches are approximately 150 km from Bandanaraike International Airport, consider renting a car at the airport and travelling south on the Southern Expressway (E01).
FAQs - booking Sri Lanka flights
How long is the flight to Sri Lanka?
What is the cheapest flight to Sri Lanka?
What are the most popular destinations in Sri Lanka?
Do I need a visa to travel to Sri Lanka?
Are there any direct flights to Sri Lanka?
I want to visit Udawalawe National Park. Where should I fly into?
How do I get to Sigiriya, the Lion Rock?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Sri Lanka
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Sri Lanka Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.