Find cheap flights to Cape Town
Good to know
|November||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|July||Most popular time to fly (15% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1148||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 703||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cape Town
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cape Town? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Cape Town for the following prices or less: From Ottawa C$ 1079, from Vancouver Intl C$ 1144, from Calgary C$ 1277
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Cape Town is November.
- Flights to Cape Town usually land at Cape Town International Airport. The airport is located 12 kilometers east of Cape Town, which is renowned for its landscapes, beaches and vineyards. More than 20 domestic and international airlines operate from Cape Town Airport, which is the second busiest in southern Africa.
- If you’re planning a holiday to South Africa, flights to Cape Town can be booked through a number of airlines from Canada. These include SWISS, Lufthansa, Delta, KLM and British Airways. Most flights have at least one layover – there are no direct flights from Canada to Cape Town.
- If you’re in the mood for some last-minute shopping, there are a number of retail shops and duty-free outlets at Cape Town Airport. Travelers can choose from souvenirs, electronics, apparel, luggage, jewelry and accessories. For passenger convenience, there is also a pharmacy and a supermarket in the airport terminal.
- Need to book a taxi to get to your hotel or accommodation? Touch Down Taxis is the officially authorized airport taxi company at Cape Town Airport. The taxi stand is located outside the Arrivals level and the travel time to downtown Cape Town is about 20 minutes.
- If you are travelling light and prefer to take public transport, the MyCiTi bus A01 runs from the airport to the Civic Center in Cape Town. The bus stop is located outside the main terminal with direct access from the Arrivals and Departures halls. Buses depart every 30 minutes and the trip downtown takes about an hour.
FAQs - booking Cape Town flights
What is the cheapest flight to Cape Town?
How far is Cape Town Airport from central Cape Town?
What is the name of Cape Town’s airport?
Are there any private lounges at Cape Town Airport?
Is Wi-Fi available at Cape Town Airport?
Can I rent a car at Cape Town Airport?
Where is the closest hotel to the airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Cape Town?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Cape Town?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Cape Town?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Cape Town?
Top 5 airlines flying to Cape Town Intl
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Cape Town Plane Tickets
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Recent domestic flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.