Find cheap flights to Chiang Mai
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (7% less expensive on average)|
|March||Most popular time to fly (17% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 866||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 509||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Chiang Mai
- Looking for cheap airfare to Chiang Mai? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Chiang Mai for the following prices or less: From Vancouver C$ 759, from Toronto C$ 882, from Montreal C$ 957
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June and July. The cheapest month to fly to Chiang Mai is March.
- The Chiang Mai Airport (CNX) receives all domestic and international flights to Chiang Mai, serving as the gateway into North Thailand, a region famous among tourists. It’s small, with one two-floor terminal split into domestic and international arrivals, both on the first floor.
- Some of the airlines that fly to Chiang Mai Airport include Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways, Air Asia, Air China and Qatar Airways. Only international flights to Chiang Mai arriving from neighbouring Asian countries are non-stop. From other destinations, account for at least one stopover when booking.
- To exchange money into the local Thai currency, baht, visit the exchange currency counters at the international arrivals area, near the exit.
- The most convenient way to travel from the airport to the city centre is on a metred taxi, which you get at the counter near the exit of the terminal, open 24/7. Fares are fixed and, regardless of your final destination, a ride to the city costs ฿150 (approximately C$ 6).
- If you need medical assistance when you reach Chiang Mai, there’s an emergency medical unit on the second floor at the departures area, open every day from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. If you forgot to pack some essential over-the-counter medication, there are also pharmacies located on the first floor at the arrivals lounge.
FAQs - booking Chiang Mai flights
What is the cheapest flight to Chiang Mai?
How far is Chiang Mai Airport from central Chiang Mai?
What is the name of Chiang Mai’s airport?
What kind of restaurants will I find at Chiang Mai Airport?
Can I take a bus from Chiang Mai Airport to the city centre?
Can I take a tuk-tuk from Chiang Mai Airport to the city centre?
Are there any shops at Chiang Mai Airport?
What car rental companies are available at Chiang Mai Airport?
Are there any hotels near Chiang Mai Airport with shuttle service?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Chiang Mai
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Chiang Mai Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Chiang Mai Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Chiang Mai
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.