Find cheap flights to Puerto Rico
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 574||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 237||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Puerto Rico
- Looking for cheap airfare to Puerto Rico? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Puerto Rico for the following prices or less: From Ottawa C$ 575, from Montreal C$ 737, from Québec City C$ 744
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Puerto Rico is January.
- Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States of America, so the same American visa requirements apply for Canadian travellers. Canadian passport holders do not need a visa for stays of less than 90 days.
- Given that Puerto Rico is part of the United States, several U.S. carriers offer cheap connections to Puerto Rico from many Canadian airports with a layover at one of their major U.S. hubs.
- If you are travelling with your family and planning to rent a car at the airport, be aware that children under 4 must be in a protective car seat, and children who are either between the ages of 4 and 9 or under 145 cm must be in a booster seat. In addition, children under the age of 12 should always be seated in the back of the car.
- If you are heading into the rural areas of Puerto Rico, consider using the money exchange offices at one of the international airports upon arrival. There are fewer places to exchange Canadian dollars as you travel further away from the main tourist spots.
- Flamenco beach and Tamarindo beach are on Culebra Island, a small island off the east coast of Puerto Rico. As the island has its own airport, you can fly from San Juan to Benjamin Rivera Noriega Airport (CPX) with either Cape Air or Seaborne Airlines.
- To visit the beaches of Cabo Rojo and Isabela, consider flying to Rafael Hernandez International Airport (BQN) in Aguadilla. You can get to the beaches in approximately 50min if you rent a car at the airport.
FAQs - booking Puerto Rico flights
How long is the flight to Puerto Rico?
What is the cheapest flight to Puerto Rico?
What are the most popular destinations in Puerto Rico?
Are there direct flights to Puerto Rico?
Which airport in Puerto Rico should I fly into?
I want to visit the bioluminescent Mosquito Bay. Where should I fly into?
Which airport is closest to El Yunque National Forest?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Puerto Rico
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Puerto Rico Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.