Find cheap flights to Cusco
Good to know
|October||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|August||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 831||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 440||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Cusco
- Looking for cheap airfare to Cusco? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Cusco for the following prices or less: From Vancouver Intl C$ 946, from Calgary C$ 974, from Ottawa C$ 1145
- Book at least 2 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Cusco is March.
- The Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ) receives domestic and international flights to Cusco, and it’s the only airport servicing Peru’s most famous tourist city.
- International passengers coming in from La Paz in Bolivia or Bogota in Colombia will fly directly into Cusco Airport. Passengers arriving from other international destinations outside of Latin America will inevitably have a stopover in Peru's capital city, Lima.
- Due to its location within a mountainous area, Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport has limited operating hours from 5:30 am to 8:00 pm. Weather conditions may impact flights to Cusco, which are often delayed.
- The local currency is the Sol and, for better rates, it’s best to exchange cash at one of the offices in the city centre rather than at the airport. Alternatively, you can use one of the ATMs on the first floor which accept all major debit and credit cards.
- A mere 10-minute drive away from the centre, the best way to travel from the airport to Cusco is by taxi, and you can book one at the taxi counter in the baggage claim area. A ride with an official taxi will cost about S/35 (C$ 14). There are unofficial taxi alternatives if you’d like to negotiate the fare, however these taxis aren’t metred. Prices will vary but you shouldn’t pay more than S/10 or S/15 (about C$ 4 or C$ 6).
FAQs - booking Cusco flights
What is the cheapest flight to Cusco?
How far is Cusco Airport from central Cusco?
What is the name of Cusco’s airport?
Can I travel straight from Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport to Machu Picchu?
How can I get from Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport to the Ollantaytambo train station?
Can I rent a car at Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport?
Is there a hotel at Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Cusco?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Cusco?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Cusco?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Cusco?
Top airline flying to Cusco Velazco Astete
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Cusco Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Domestic Plane Tickets to Cusco
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.