Find cheap flights to the Dominican Republic
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|September||Most popular time to fly (7% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 539||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 187||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to the Dominican Republic
- Looking for cheap airfare to the Dominican Republic? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to the Dominican Republic for the following prices or less: From Toronto C$ 523, from Ottawa C$ 525, from Vancouver Intl C$ 590
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to the Dominican Republic is September.
- To visit the Armando Bermudez National Park in the northwest of the Dominican Republic, you can fly into Cibao International Airport (STI) in Santiago de los Caballeros, which is Dominican Republic's second biggest city. The drive to Jarabacoa city, which is located within the national park, takes approximately 1h.
- Bahia de las Aguilas, one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, is located on the southwestern coast close to the border of Haiti. To get there, fly into Cabo Rojo Airport (CBJ) and get a bus to the town of Pedernales which is close to the beach.
- Be aware that the Dominican peso cannot be imported or exported, so you must exchange currency upon arrival. All international airports in the Dominican Republic have ATMs and exchange offices on site, so you can withdraw money using your credit or debit card, or you can exchange Canadian dollars for Dominican pesos.
- Easter is the most important religious festival in the Dominican Republic. As many Dominicans travel to visit their family or to take a vacation during this time, airfares are usually more expensive in the two weeks leading up to Easter Sunday.
- Carnival is celebrated all across the Dominican Republic during the entire month of February. In order to avoid higher airfares, consider booking your flights well in advance.
FAQs - booking the Dominican Republic flights
How long is the flight to the Dominican Republic?
What is the cheapest flight to the Dominican Republic?
Which airlines fly to the Dominican Republic?
What are the most popular destinations in Dominican Republic?
Do I need a visa to travel to the Dominican Republic?
Are there nonstop flights to Dominican Republic?
I want to visit the Samana peninsula. Where should I fly into?
Which airport is the most convenient when visiting the islands of Saona, Catalina and Catalinita?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to the Dominican Republic
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Dominican Republic (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to Dominican Republic (One-way)
Flights to the Dominican Republic
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.