Find cheap flights to Puerto Plata
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (4% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 528||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 378||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Puerto Plata
- Looking for cheap airfare to Puerto Plata? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Puerto Plata for the following prices or less: From Ottawa C$ 592, from Calgary C$ 743, from Saskatoon C$ 764
- Book at least 1 week before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Puerto Plata is June.
- If you’re looking for flights to San Felipe de Puerto Plata, it’s likely that you’re hoping to check out the local beach as soon as possible. Passengers arriving at Gregorio Luperón International Airport (POP) will be just a short drive away from popular beaches like Playa Dorada, 17 minutes away, or Long Beach, 19 minutes away.
- Gregorio Luperón International Airport serves Cabarete, which is 30minutes from the airport, where you can explore Parque Nacional El Choco or the popular surfing beach, Playa Encuentro.
- You don't need a visa to enter any destination in the Dominican Republic, including Puerto Plata, but you'll need to pay an RD$ 500 tourist tax (about C$ 13) at the entry port.
- If you didn’t choose an all-inclusive vacation package and are looking for the best transportation from Gregorio Luperón International Airportto your hotel, whenyou get off your flight to San Felipe de Puerto Platalook for a taxi just after leaving customs. It will cost you an average of RD$ 2,111 (about C$ 55), including a 10% tip and the initial fare of RD$ 157.50 (close to C$ 5).
- If you were counting on airport shops for purchasing that favourite swimsuit that you forgot to pack, the small Gregorio Luperón International Airportmight not have what you’re looking for. However, if you need to shop before going to the hotel, the Playa Dorada Mall is 20 minutes away and a taxi there will cost you around RD$ 1,690 (approximately C$ 44).
FAQs - booking Puerto Plata flights
Which airlines have a flexible cancellation policy for flights from Canada to Puerto Plata La Union due to COVID-19?
How long is the flight to Puerto Plata?
What is the cheapest flight to Puerto Plata?
Which airlines fly to Puerto Plata?
How far is Puerto Plata Airport from central Puerto Plata?
What is the name of Puerto Plata’s airport?
Can I take a taxi from Gregorio Luperón International Airportto Playa Dorada beach?
What are the Gregorio Luperón International Airportcar rental options?
Which hotels near Puerto Plata offer airport shuttle service?
Is there a private Gregorio Luperón International Airport shuttle option?
How far is the trip from Gregorio Luperón International Airport to RiuMerengue?
Can I take a car or a taxifrom Gregorio Luperón International Airportto Samana?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Puerto Plata?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Puerto Plata?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Puerto Plata?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Puerto Plata?
Top 4 airlines flying to Puerto Plata La Union
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Puerto Plata Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.