Find cheap flights to Japan
Good to know
|April||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|August||Most popular time to fly (8% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 890||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 120||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Japan
- Looking for cheap airfare to Japan? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Japan for the following prices or less: From Calgary C$ 933, from Vancouver C$ 942, from Toronto C$ 1063
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Japan is April.
- Japan is famous for its cherry blossom season, which occurs in major cities such as Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka at the end of April or the beginning of May. Be aware that airfares tend to rise sharply during this period.
- "Golden Week" is a cluster of 4 national holidays that occur at the end of April, lasting until the beginning of May. As many Japanese nationals take a vacation during this period, domestic airfares and train tickets tend to increase in price at this time.
- If you are planning to travel to several destinations within Japan, consider purchasing a Japan Rail Pass which will give you unlimited access to the bullet trains as well as many busses, subways and ferries. We recommend you purchase it prior to your departure.
- To visit the beaches of Okinawa, you could skip Tokyo altogether as carriers such as Cathay Pacific and EVA Air offer one-stop flights to Naha Airport (OKA), from both Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ) and Vancouver International Airport (YVR).
- Fukuoka International Airport (FUK) is the most convenient airport if you want to explore Kyushu, Japan's third largest island.
FAQs - booking Japan flights
How long is the flight to Japan?
What is the cheapest flight to Japan?
Which airlines fly to Japan?
What are the most popular destinations in Japan?
Are there direct flights to Japan?
Do I need a visa to visit Japan?
Where should I fly to in Japan?
I want to visit Mount Fuji and the Five Lakes region. Where should I fly into?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Japan
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Japan (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to Japan (One-way)
Flights to Japan
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.