Find cheap flights to Malaysia
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (6% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (14% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 971||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 533||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Malaysia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Malaysia? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Malaysia for the following prices or less: From Vancouver Intl C$ 945, from Toronto C$ 1161, from Calgary C$ 1928
- Book at least 5 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Malaysia is May.
- Before you land in Malaysia, you will need to fill out an Immigration Card. You will be required to give this card to an Immigration Officer upon arrival, along with your passport. If you plan to travel between Sabah and Sarawak, you will need a passport and valid travel documentation.
- At the beginning of February, Malaysians celebrate the Chinese New Year. Due to these festivities, you can expect increased travel costs and limited ticket availability. Consider booking flights to Malaysia later in the month.
- If you want to visit Borneo, you should fly into the Malaysian state of Sabah. Kota Kinabalu International Airport (BKI) services this area and is 8 km southwest of Sabah’s city centre. From Canada, you can book a flight with a layover in the U.S.A., China or South Korea. Alternatively, you can fly into Brunei International Airport (BWN), which is just across the border from Borneo.
- If you are hoping to travel to the Batu Caves in Selangor, book a flight into Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL). Just over a 1h drive away from the airport, the limestone caves are only 23min from the centre of Kuala Lumpur.
- To be well positioned for exploring the eastern areas of Malaysia, book a flight into Kuching International Airport (KCH) which services the region of Sarawak. From the airport, the Bako National Park is just a 39min drive away.
- If you want to visit the west of Malaysia, you will need to book a domestic flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport or Penang International Airport (PEN) to Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Airport (KUA) in Kuantan.
- If you want to visit the south of Malaysia, fly into Senai International Airport (JHB) in Johor. In addition to being close to the border of Singapore, this airport is less than 30min away from LEGOLAND Malaysia.
FAQs - booking Malaysia flights
How long is the flight to Malaysia?
What is the cheapest flight to Malaysia?
What are the most popular destinations in Malaysia?
Do I need to apply for a visa to travel to Malaysia?
Can I get a direct flight to Malaysia?
I want to visit the island of Langkawi, is there an airport there?
Which Malaysian airport is nearest to George Town?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Malaysia
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Malaysia Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Malaysia
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.