Find cheap flights to Australia
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (11% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1256||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 50||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Australia
- Looking for cheap airfare to Australia? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Australia for the following prices or less: From Calgary C$ 1225, from Vancouver C$ 1344, from Toronto C$ 1597
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Australia is February.
- If you are bringing children with you to Australia, you must be aware that it is illegal for a baby or child under the age of seven years old to travel in a car without a child restraint. For this reason, you will need to bring a car seat on your flight to Australia or rent one upon arrival.
- To visit the north of Australia, book a flight to Darwin International Airport (DRW) which services the Norther Territory and gives you access to several islands in the Beagle Gulf.
- The centre of Darwin is only 11.4 km from the airport, or you could opt to catch a 2h 30min flight to Cairns International Airport (CNS) in neighbouring Queensland.
- If you want to visit the east of Australia, there are a couple airports for you to choose from. Brisbane Airport (SNE) and Gold Coast Airport both service the southeast of Queensland and are ideal if you would like to be close to the beach. Further down the coast, Sydney Airport (SYD) services New South Wales and is under a 3h drive away from the capital city of Canberra in the Australian Capital Territory.
- Before you get on your flight to Australia, you will need to apply for a visa in order to enter the country. If you are a Canadian passport holder, you will need to apply for a visa online, rather than a paper visa. This will allow you to visit Australia multiple times over a 12-month period, throughout which you will be able to stay for up to three months during each visit. The service fee for applying for an online visa is around 22 AUD (20 CAD).
FAQs - booking Australia flights
How long is the flight to Australia?
What is the cheapest flight to Australia?
What are the most popular destinations in Australia?
Which airport should I fly into if I want to see the Great Barrier Reef?
I want to visit Tasmania, which airport should I fly into?
What is the main airport in Western Australia?
I want to visit multiple cities within Australia, where should I fly to?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Australia
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to Australia (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to Australia (One-way)
Flights to Australia
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.