Find cheap flights to New Zealand
Latest New Zealand Flight Deals
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (15% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1383||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 607||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to New Zealand
- Looking for cheap airfare to New Zealand? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to New Zealand for the following prices or less: From Calgary C$ 1327, from Vancouver C$ 1358, from Toronto C$ 1374
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to New Zealand is April.
- When you are booking flights to New Zealand, remember that when you arrive in New Zealand your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond your departure date. Canada is a visa-waiver country so travellers may stay in New Zealand for up to three months visa-free. Canadian citizens must request an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) prior to travelling to New Zealand and an International Visitor Conservation and Tourism Levy (IVL) may be incurred.
- If you are bringing a child with you on your trip to New Zealand, it’s recommended that you consider renting a car seat before you pick up your rental car at the airport. The country requires any child under the age of seven travelling in a car to be safely secured in an approved child restraint.
- If you plan to visit Mount Tongariro, you should fly into Rotorua International Airport (ROT) on the North Island. The volcano in Tongariro National Park, near Taupo, is 179 km from the airport by car.
- For direct access to the southern part of North Island, and to discover the capital of New Zealand, fly to Wellington International Airport (WLG). As a hub for Air New Zealand, this airport offers domestic connections throughout both the North and South Islands.
- If you’re planning to visit a few cities during your trip to New Zealand, consider landing at Christchurch International Airport (CHC) on the South Island. Located 12 km from Christchurch’s city centre, the airport is close to the port town of Lyttelton and is within driving distance of Canterbury, which is 161 km away.
FAQs - booking New Zealand flights
How long is the flight to New Zealand?
What is the cheapest flight to New Zealand?
What are the most popular destinations in New Zealand?
Are there any non-stop flights to New Zealand?
Which airport should I fly into on the North Island?
What can I bring with me into New Zealand?
Which New Zealand airport is nearest to Mount Victoria?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to New Zealand
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book cheap flights to New Zealand (Round-trip)
Book cheap flights to New Zealand (One-way)
Flights to New Zealand
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.