Find cheap flights to Tokyo
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (10% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 845||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 643||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Tokyo
- Looking for cheap airfare to Tokyo? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Tokyo for the following prices or less: From Toronto C$ 871, from Vancouver C$ 873, from Montreal C$ 914
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be June, July and August. The cheapest month to fly to Tokyo is November.
- Haneda Airport (HND) is a hub for the national airline Japan Airlines, as well as All Nippon Airways, Skymark Airlines, Solaseed Air, StarFlyer and Air Do. If you book a flight to Japan from Canada through Japan Airlines, you will have just 1 short layover at a major American airport.
- If you have time to spare when you land at Narita International Airport (NRT), or even before you depart, take a look at the art installations throughout the airport. At the Japanese Culture interactive displays, you can learn about life in Japan and take in the mini art galleries along the art promenade in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2.
- If you want to avoid the crowds and an increase in flight prices, book flights to Tokyo either before or after Golden Week, from April 29th until May 5th. During this week there are a collection of holidays where locals celebrate Showa Day, Constitution Memorial Day, Greenery Day and Children’s Day.
- If you want to explore the areas surrounding Tokyo, you could fly into Mount Fuji Shizuoka Airport (FSZ), which is 2h 47min to the east of the capital city. The airport is located between Hamamatsu and Shizuoka and is 80 km from Mount Fuji.
- If you are travelling with your children, you must remember to bring or rent a car seat when you get to Tokyo. Be aware that according to Japanese law, any child under the age of six needs to be in a car seat when riding in a car. A rear-facing car seat is recommended for a child under the age of two and a forward-facing car seat for children under the age of four.
FAQs - booking Tokyo flights
How long is the flight to Tokyo?
What is the cheapest flight to Tokyo?
Which airlines fly to Tokyo?
Which Tokyo airport is closest to central Tokyo?
I am planning to work on my trip to Tokyo, which airport has the best business services?
Do I need a visa to fly to Tokyo?
Are there any direct flights to Tokyo?
I want to visit Naritasan Shinshoji Temple, which airport should I fly into?
What is the best way to travel from Narita International Airport to downtown Tokyo?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 3 airlines flying to Tokyo
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Tokyo Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Tokyo
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.