Find cheap flights to Vietnam
Good to know
|March||Best time to beat the crowds (5% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (12% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1057||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 480||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Vietnam
- Looking for cheap airfare to Vietnam? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Vietnam for the following prices or less: From Edmonton C$ 865, from Ottawa C$ 1210, from Montreal C$ 1787
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Vietnam is March.
- Vietnam has eight major airports and another 14 domestic airports. If you want to visit the northern part of the country, consider flying into Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) in Hanoi. In the central part of Vietnam, you will find the smaller Da Nang International Airport (DAD), and towards the south is another major airport, Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) which services Ho Chi Minh City.
- Before you board your flight to Vietnam from Canada, make sure you obtain an e-Visa online, which is available to nationals of 80 different countries. Vietnam’s e-Visa is processed in three working days and costs around C$ 33. The single-entry visa is valid for 30 days from your arrival at any of Vietnam’s international airports, including airports in Danang, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- The visa requirements for travellers going to Phu Quoc Island differ, as travellers can visit the island for 30 days without a visa. All you need to provide is your outbound airline ticket once you arrive in Vietnam.
- If you are planning to take a cruise around Halong Bay in the east of Vietnam, book a flight to Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi, which is approximately 162 km away by car.
- Most flights to Vietnam from Canada include at least one layover in Asia. To save money, book a flight via China, with connecting flights in Beijing or Hong Kong. Both China Airlines and China Air fly these routes.
FAQs - booking Vietnam flights
How long is the flight to Vietnam?
What is the cheapest flight to Vietnam?
What are the most popular destinations in Vietnam?
When should I avoid flying to Vietnam?
Can I obtain a visa upon arrival?
Which Vietnamese airport is closest to Hue?
I want to visit multiple cities while I am in Vietnam, which airport should I fly into?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Vietnam
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Vietnam Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Vietnam
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.