Find cheap flights to Guatemala City
Good to know
|September||Best time to beat the crowds (7% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (21% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 511||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 301||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Guatemala City
- Looking for cheap airfare to Guatemala City? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Guatemala City for the following prices or less: From Vancouver Intl C$ 519, from Ottawa C$ 532, from Calgary C$ 583
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Guatemala City is September.
- All international flights to Ciudad de Guatemala land at the one-terminal La Aurora International Airport (GUA). This airport is a few hours’ drive from popular tourist destinations such as Antigua, 1 hour away, Panajachel, 4 hours away, and Lake Atitlan, 4 hours away.
- The quickest and most comfortable way to reach the centre of Ciudad de Guatemala (Guatemala City) is by taxi, which takes about 20 minutes. Taxis Amarillo (yellow taxis) have taxi metres and fares are cheaper than the white taxis, which are unmetred. Taxi fares typically start at 39.81 GTQ (about 6.90 CAD).
- If your flight to Ciudad de Guatemala arrives at night, book transportation in advance or ask your hotel if it provides shuttle service to and from the airport.
- All desks for tourist information, rental car companies, taxis and shuttles are conveniently located between the baggage claim area and the exit doors into the arrivals area. La Aurora International Airport is one of the busiest in Central America, so expect it to be busy, especially during day time.
- Exchanging currency at the kiosks before and after immigration can be a convenient option however it might not always get you the best rate. Before arriving in Guatemala, check with your bank or currency exchange websites for the official exchange rate.
FAQs - booking Guatemala City flights
What is the cheapest flight to Guatemala City?
How far is Guatemala City Airport from central Guatemala City?
What is the name of Guatemala City’s airport?
How can travellers get from Guatemala Airport to Antigua?
What car rental companies are located at La Aurora International Airport?
What hotels near the airport offer a shuttle service?
What is the best transportation option from La Aurora International Airport to Panajachel and Lake Atitlan?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Guatemala City?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Guatemala City?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Guatemala City?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Guatemala City?
Top airlines flying to Guatemala City La Aurora
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Guatemala City Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Guatemala City
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.