Find cheap flights to Athens
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (3% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (5% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 919||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 682||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Athens
- Looking for cheap airfare to Athens? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Athens for the following prices or less: From Montreal C$ 946, from Toronto C$ 966, from Vancouver C$ 1330
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Athens is February.
- Flights to Athens, Greece usually land at Eleftherios Venizelos International Airport, which is located 40 kilometers south-east of the capital. The route from Canada is serviced by a number of airlines including Air Canada, Lufthansa, SWISS, KLM and Air France. There are no direct flights from Canada to Athens. Most airlines have at least one layover, depending on where you’re flying from.
- If you’re travelling with children, Athens Airport has a play area in the Main Terminal Building on the second floor. Designed for kids between 18 months and 7 years old, there are plenty of activities, toys and games to keep the little ones busy. This colorful space has been created in conjunction with a local non-profit association and is open daily from 9 AM to 9 PM.
- Unlimited wireless internet service is available for free within Athens International Airport, so travelers can stay connected with family and friends while on holidays or catch up with work. In addition, internet kiosks can be found around the airport which offer free access to the web for busy travelers.
- More than 20 restaurants and cafes can be found inside the airport terminal if you need a quick snack or meal before you depart from Greece. Take advantage of last-minute shopping and pick up electronics or travel accessories. International travelers can purchase a wide range of tax-free products including gourmet food, perfume and toys from the Duty-Free outlets.
- In collaboration with local cultural institutions, Athens International Airport features exhibitions to engage visitors in the rich cultural heritage of Greece. Permanent exhibitions on display include archeological findings and artifacts dating from the Early Helladic to the Post-Byzantine period. The Museum of Acropolis exhibition in the Main Terminal houses cast copies of the Peplos Kore and the West Frieze of the Parthenon and feature digital presentations of the Acropolis Museum.
FAQs - booking Athens flights
How long is the flight to Athens?
What is the cheapest flight to Athens?
Which airlines fly to Athens?
How far is Athens Airport from central Athens?
What is the name of Athens’s airport?
What do I do when I arrive at Athens airport?
Where is the closest hotel to the airport?
How do I get from the airport to central Athens?
I’m going to the Greek islands, how do I get to the port?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 4 airlines flying to Athens Eleftherios V.
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Athens Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Athens Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Athens
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.