Find cheap flights to Melbourne
Good to know
|February||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (14% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1219||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 857||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Melbourne
- Looking for cheap airfare to Melbourne? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Melbourne for the following prices or less: From Vancouver Intl C$ 1149, from Calgary C$ 1192, from Ottawa C$ 1480
- Book at least 4 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Melbourne is February.
- If you’re interested in flights to Melbourne, there are two primary airports that you can choose to fly into. While Melbourne Airport is known for being the largest airport in the region, Avalon Airport is a smaller and quieter choice that is convenient for travelers planning on staying in the suburbs.
- Hoping for a direct flight to Melbourne? Consider booking your reservation with Air Canada, as this company is known for servicing the highest number of direct flights from Canada to Australia. Air Canada has also become popular amongst travelers due to the fact that they provide free checked baggage and meals.
- For those that are travelling with their families, make sure to take advantage of the several amenities that Melbourne Airport provides for children. There are 16 different baby changing facilities in the airport, as well as a children’s play area that contains toys, games and activities, making it a great way for kids to burn off some energy after a long flight.
- To ask some questions about the local region, pay a visit to the Information Desk that is located in the International Arrivals terminal of Melbourne Airport. The employees at this desk can provide recommendations for what to see in Melbourne and can even help you to install an Australian SIM card in your phone.
- If you’re hoping to unwind after your flight lands, stop by one of the gaming centers in Avalon Airport. These small centers are scattered throughout the different terminals and have complimentary gaming machines that travelers can use for as long as they would like.
FAQs - booking Melbourne flights
What is the cheapest flight to Melbourne?
How far is Melbourne Airport from central Melbourne?
What is the name of Melbourne’s airport?
Is there anywhere to store my luggage at Melbourne Airport?
Is there anywhere to shower in Melbourne Airport?
What hotels are near Avalon Airport?
What is the best way to travel from Avalon Airport to downtown Melbourne?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Melbourne?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Melbourne?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Melbourne?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Melbourne?
Top 5 airlines flying to Melbourne
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Melbourne Plane Tickets (Round-trip)
Book Cheap Melbourne Plane Tickets (One-way)
Flights to Melbourne
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.