Find cheap flights to Florence
Good to know
|January||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (6% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 839||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 660||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Florence
- Looking for cheap airfare to Florence? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Florence for the following prices or less: From Ottawa C$ 882, from Calgary C$ 1118, from Gaspe C$ 1361
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Florence is February.
- SWISS, Lufthansa, Delta, Austrian Airlines and KLM are some of the major airlines operating regular flights to Florence, and landing at the Florence Peretola Airport (FLR).Two other must-see cities in Tuscany are also serviced by this airport, Pisa (1 hour away) and Siena (1 hour and 20 minutes away).
- The tourist information desk at the arrivals area of Florence Peretola Airport has a limited schedule, open from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday to Saturday.If your flight arrives outside these hours, it's best to look up all the information you need before travelling on Florence's official tourism website.
- There’s a currency exchange office at the arrivals area, called Best and Fast Change, that takes both cash and credit cards. However, most businesses in Florence accept payments by credit or debit card, so it’s best to get into the city first and compare rates before changing money at the airport.
- After a long flight to Florence you likely want to get to your hotel as quickly as possible, so the best option is to take a taxi from right outside the terminal. Fares are fixed at 22 € (about C$ 33) plus 1 € (about C$ 1.51) for each piece of luggage, and the travel time is about 15 minutes.
- The city’s historic centre is compact and best explored by foot. If you’re not travelling to other parts of Italy, you’ll practically have no use for a car, so renting a car is not recommended for those visiting Florence. Florence also has a good network of taxis, buses and trams.
FAQs - booking Florence flights
What is the cheapest flight to Florence?
How far is Florence Airport from central Florence?
What is the name of Florence’s airport?
How can I get from Florence Airport to the train station?
How do I travel from Florence Airport to Siena?
How do I travel from Florence Airport to Pisa?
Where do I rent a car at Florence Airport?
How does KAYAK find such low prices on flights to Florence?
How does KAYAK's flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy my flight ticket to Florence?
What is the Hacker Fare option on flights to Florence?
What is KAYAK's "flexible dates" feature and why should I care when looking for a flight to Florence?
Top 5 airlines flying to Florence Peretola
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Florence Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.