Find cheap flights to Queensland
Good to know
|May||Best time to beat the crowds (4% less expensive on average)|
|December||Most popular time to fly (13% more expensive on average)|
Average price of a round-trip
|C$ 1352||(avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
Good deal for a round-trip
|C$ 831||or less|
Top tips for finding cheap flights to Queensland
- Looking for cheap airfare to Queensland? 25% of our users found round-trip tickets to Queensland for the following prices or less: From Montreal C$ 1529, from Toronto C$ 1883, from Ottawa C$ 1969
- Book at least 3 weeks before departure in order to get a below-average price.
- High season is considered to be January, November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Queensland is March.
- The Queensland area benefits from having three international airports within its vicinity, all of which welcome many international flights. Cairns International Airport (CNS) lies to the northeast, while Coolangatta Gold Coast Airport (OOL) lies to the southeast. The third airport, Brisbane International Airport (BNE), is the main airport that acts as a hub for both Qantas and Virgin Australia flights to Queensland.
- There are limited flights available from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to the secondary airports in Queensland. Cathay Pacific offers flights to Cairns Airport with connections via Hong Kong International Airport (HKG), while Air New Zealand provides service to Coolangatta Airport with two connections, the first via Los Angeles Airport (LAX) and the second via Auckland Airport (AKL).
- Qantas, the Australian national airline, offers flights to Brisbane Airport from Vancouver Airport (YVR) with layovers at Los Angeles Airport (LAX) and Melbourne International Airport (MEL). Qantas also offers flights from Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ) with layovers in Los Angeles, Melbourne, or occasionally at Sydney International Airport (SYD). The airline also services a route from Calgary Airport (YYC) to Brisbane via Los Angeles (LAX).
- EVA Air and China Eastern sponsor flights to Queensland from Vancouver Airport and Toronto Pearson Airport, arriving at Brisbane Airport. Flights with EVA Air from both Vancouver and Toronto have a layover at Taipei International Airport (TPE), while China Eastern flights from both cities have a layover at Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG).
- Coolangatta Gold Coast Airport is the gateway to one of Queensland’s most famous tourist destinations at the southern tip of the state. From here you have access to the Scenic Rim Region near the border with New South Wales which includes the McPherson Mountain Range as well as the town of Beaudesert.
FAQs - booking Queensland flights
How long is the flight to Queensland?
What is the cheapest flight to Queensland?
What are the most popular destinations in Queensland?
Which airport is closest to the Whitsunday Islands?
How do I get to Bladensburg National Park?
If I’m hoping to visit the Cape York Peninsula, which airport should I fly into?
How do I get downtown from Brisbane Airport?
How does KAYAK’s flight Price Forecast tool help me choose the right time to buy?
Top 5 airlines flying to Queensland
Scores according to KAYAK customer reviews
Book Cheap Queensland Plane Tickets
Recent round-trip flight deals
Search by stops
Recent one-way flight deals
Search by stops
Flights to Queensland
We attempt to get accurate prices, however, prices are not guaranteed.
We’re not the seller.
At KAYAK we don’t set the prices, so it’s not possible for us to guarantee what other companies are selling.
We compile tonnes of data for you
Our service lets you quickly and easily compare results from hundreds of travel sites at once. In this sense, KAYAK is a search engine and we can't guarantee prices we find.
Why aren’t prices accurate 100% of the time?
Prices on airline seats, hotel rooms and car rentals can change frequently. Several people may also be trying to buy the same travel option simultaneously. As a result, you may find, on occasion, that certain prices are no longer available.
If you have more questions or if you have a bad price to report to us,
please send us an email and someone from our team will get back to you promptly.